• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz SS alternative

Imbadatdiscgolf

Birdie Member
First things first. The Buzzz SS is my favorite disc by far. Problem is, they don't seem to stay that way very long. Any ideas of a similar disc in better plastic perhaps? Maybe it's just mental but it seems like I buy a new SS about once a month. :)

What is happening to them that they arent good enough in a month?
Not gonna find much better plastic for a mid than Z, im not sure i could tear up a Z mid in a month if i tried. Maybe get a few reg buzzz and beat them in?

I switched from the Z SS buzzz to an axis.
But my Z SS buzzz, despite being beat to crap, never really beat in to the understable disc I wanted.

Your Buzzz SS should stay true to it's original flight for at least 3 months. Unless your name is right and you hit tons of trees :p I would say just get another Buzzz SS, that will be most like a Buzzz SS. They shouldn't wear out that fast...

What is happening to them that they arent good enough in a month?
Not gonna find much better plastic for a mid than Z, im not sure i could tear up a Z mid in a month if i tried. Maybe get a few reg buzzz and beat them in?
It's probably mental.:doh: Perhaps I should just take some Windex to them. Could be the grip I guess.

My glide flys very close to my ss but my ss still flys pretty much the same since I got it 8+ months ago so I'm thinking its the indian not the arrow.

First things first. The Buzzz SS is my favorite disc by far. Problem is, they don't seem to stay that way very long. Any ideas of a similar disc in better plastic perhaps? Maybe it's just mental but it seems like I buy a new SS about once a month. :)

this sounds odd...unless you are playing an extremely rocky course, a midrange in Z-plastic should last several months, if not years.

whats happening to the flight thats making you constantly buy new ones?

Just windexed a couple and hit the back yard. Seems to have fixed my problem. Odd I know, but heck, I've been playing for less than a year so hopefully someone will forgive my stupidity.

The Buzzz SS is no longer in my bag. I 2nd the guy earlier referring to the Fuse, it's a miracle disc. My accuracy has gone up exponentially with this disc. It's like a non-finicky Comet that doesn't suck. Not to mention GL plastic is ridiculously durable. Overthrew my GL Halo on hole 3 at Mnt. Crest park in Vegas landed on the yellow lines in the street. Several cars passed a couple even made sure not to run over my disc, than a lifted 2ton Dodge swerves on purpose running over my disc. Causing it to be spun around in his wheel well. The point being other than some black tread marks the disc was fine! GL plastic is legit the Sweds are doing it right.

I have a 2008 Am nationals Buzzz SS and it's in pretty much the same shape as when I got it. Try to pick one of them up in Z sparkle and keep rocking the SS.

I've been in the same boat over the past year. I used the Buzzz SS as an anhyzer disc that i could throw flat with snap and have it fade right as opposed to having the space to air out a more stable disc on an anny line. Like down a tight tunnel fading right . . .

Anyways, the Buzzz SS is one of the few Discraft discs I've found to be inconsistent out of the box. I've probably had 5 of them now and only 2 were as understable as I was wanting them to be. The others might as well have been a regular Z Buzzz. SO I've replaced it with and ESP Meteor. So far so good . . .

Latest posts