• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Buzzz vs Warship. I know, but...

I'd agree with the few others that a core would be closer to a buzzz than a warship to a buzzz.

I find that my warships (all VIP) are faster, longer, have more glide, and less susceptible to wind than buzzzes I have had bagged.

Well, just picked up a 171 vip warship and a 180 core for pretty cheap in the marketplace. We'll see hopefully in a couple days what I think. Still open to input though guys, thanks for the thoughts so far.

My mid-range line up at the moment, from left-to-right is: Gremlin, z Buzzz, Tourn. Warship, newish DX Stingray.
I think a Z Buzzz is reliably more overstable than Warship/ Core molds, so I carry both.

I don't throw Buzzz's but I was a Roc guy untill I picked up a TP Warship. Honestly it's easily the furthest flying mid out there, and not to mention it's straight as an arrow with very minimal fade at the end. Once it lands it just sits there, and doesn't bounce around. I'm tempted to either try a VIP one for more stability or try a Core or a Pain maybe a Mace for my stable mid range shots.

If your looking for a great straight mid range that "sails" for miles then look no further. Not to mention it holds lines pretty freaking good!

I am a buzzz guy and have a couple of every flavor
You are looking for a crystal buzzz.

First, before you move on from the Buzzz, get your hands on a Cryztal Buzzz - it's much more than just another Z Buzzz. Cryztal is grippy/gummy like GL/Tourney and consistent and extremely durable like Z (which tends to be harder/stiffer and less grippy). I think it's probably the plastic you are looking for.

The Warship is easier distance than the Buzzz (more glide and less HSS) but may have slightly more LSS. I don't find that it holds up to the wind like a Buzzz 'could' - but I have no reason to throw either of them in adverse wind as I have discs I trust more in that role. The TP Warship I have (butter white GL plastic) flies ~ 5.5/6/-1/1.5; in comparison I consider a good flat Z Buzzz to typically fly 5/5/0/1 and Glo Buzzz to be 5/5/0/2. For how I use them, the Warship butts heads with the Leopard for me - they overlap heavily because of the Warship's glide and distance potential.

I know this has been answered somewhere, but I haven't found it yet (but will continue to look.) So I'm prepared for the prerubage. But...

I like my buzzzes. The flight of my Z Buzzzes is pretty much what I'm looking for. I usually keep a newer one, a nicely seasoned one, and then my beat in ESP. I love the flatness of the Z's but I hate the feel/grip of Z plastic. It's the only disc I have in Z or champion for that matter. I hate the feel of Discraft's ESP, but love the feel of Star and absolutely love Westside/Lat64 Tournament/GL. I also like that the Z buzzzes are flatter than the domier ESP buzzes (at least all the ones I've had hands on).

All that said, no one locally carries Lat 64 or Westside. Is the Tourney Warship what I'm looking for?

Latest posts