• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CAC 2013

ChrisKramer

Par Member
The Charlotte Amateur Championships
presented by Dynamic Discs
June 22, 23, 2013

Attachments

• jpgCharlotte-Amateur-ChampionshipsL.jpg
    jpgCharlotte-Amateur-ChampionshipsL.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Courses are finally posted for divisions. Idlewild is a SWAMP as of today -- the fairways are now creeks, and the dryest spots are off the best lines. Pond is very high,-- no shortcuts, gotta walk all the way around through the woods. I hope it stays hot and sunny for the next two weeks...

Courses are finally posted for divisions. Idlewind is a SWAMP as of today -- the fairways are now creeks, and the dryest spots are off the best lines. Pond is very high,-- no shortcuts, gotta walk all the way around through the woods. I hope it stays hot and sunny for the next two weeks...

FTFY ... c'mon DD :wall:

no Renny for us MA2 baggers :(

Charlotte-Amateur-ChampionshipsL.jpg

Soooo anyone else on here playing this event, or are heartman and I just gonna plain dominate?

Another lefty here playing Intermediate. Played Angry and Winget on Saturday to get warmed up. Both courses in good shape. Did a double round at Idlewild on Sunday; course is a mess. Pond was higher than I've ever seen and a PITA to get around. I've been taking the puss route on 9 (hyzer a overstable Drone through the far left gap) instead of running at the pin as my forehand isn't trusty enough and my Star Leopard turnover leaves me with a really long uphill putt if I hit the gap. Risk isn't worth the reward for me.

Myself and another will be down from Pittsburgh to show all you Carolinians how to play. Actually, we will probably just finish middle of the pack in advanced :doh:

I have played Renny before, but got terribly lost on the course and have no idea what holes I played. We should be getting down Thursday night to scope out the courses.

What are the details on the doubles at Elon on Friday? Is it play whenever, or is there a certain start time? Is it on Angry or Eager?

Renny is simple to follow. Except for hole 1 you will play from in the woods by the bamboo.

Other than that, you have to just be mindful of where you are. When you finish a hole pause and look around. If you see a grey arrow follow it. You cannot get lost. If you do not see a grey arrow, you have gone the wrong way.

One of the bigger spots of confusion will be hole 4, it is a HARD turning L to R hole. There is a Grey arrow at the hard turn that shows you where to go. The gold #4 fairway is a long straight shot AND there is a gold arrow pointing that way do not go that way, but you know that because you are following grey arrows. Other than that, there are 70 or so large painted arrows. Again, simply follow the grey arrow. For example as you go from hole 1 to 2 you will come up on Gold's bench. On it there is a sign with an arrow for gold pointing down saying that tee is for gold and a grey arrow pointing ahead telling you that the tee for grey is the one 40' ahead. And so on and so forth.

Perhaps it was not marked when you were there, however, if you were there when it was not marked, you could probably only play the worlds course. Grey and Gold were not re-configured for very long before I put the signage in.

Interesting. I played it over Thanksgiving last year. Maybe the map I had was bad or something as I usually don't get lost. I know it is a great course, so I really wanted to get back to play it and actually enjoy the course this time instead of wandering aimlessly and getting annoyed.

Interesting. I played it over Thanksgiving last year. Maybe the map I had was bad or something as I usually don't get lost. I know it is a great course, so I really wanted to get back to play it and actually enjoy the course this time instead of wandering aimlessly and getting annoyed.

You will have a better time following, now. Sorry for the confusion and poor directionals in the past.

played idlewild yesterday water still high on the lake but rest of course seemed to be drying up nicely. Looking at forecast think we will be fine for the cac water level on lake will probably still be up just have to adjust thought process on how you play it!

Is there any player's party and when is the doubles at Elon and at what course? Also, is there a schedule for Sunday?

Is there any player's party and when is the doubles at Elon and at what course? Also, is there a schedule for Sunday?

look at flyer on charlottedgc.com for schedule. There is a players party Saturday at Icehouse Southend where there will be free food, putting contest, can Jam, cornhole and 2.00 rolling rock.:thmbup:

Latest posts