• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CAC 2013

that pond is certainly...stagnant. glad you at least got the disc back.

Heh, the "stinky-drink" was subdued by all the recent rain, I think, toned down vs. some days.

My 2 tee shots on 9 were almost identical. First round hit the OB side of the orange netting, so I was between it and the 'old' fence, and brownie dude fished it out for me.

2nd round I just cleared the netting and rolled back against it. Nailed the sphinchter-tingler putt for birdie, my only bird of the day. :| Got spiffed a brownie for it! :thmbup:

Im not hating on Mark, he's good. Im just telling it like it is. When he plays Am1 everyone else is basically playing for second. And no if your 15 shooting good rounds thats awesome! Wiggins was a B.A. when he was young too.

Which Division did you play? IMO, Intermediate was ran effectively albeit Debbie is a bit of a goof.

I played Rec but I should have played Advanced. Yesterday we had to wait 4 hours between rounds and they kept on splitting the rec division cards with other divisions.

I can see how that third flight (and 7 divisions) would be a PITA to run. Surprised Sam would have trouble running it though.

Which Division did you play? IMO, Intermediate was ran effectively albeit Debbie is a bit of a goof.

Yeah, I thought MA2 went off pretty smoothly. The only thing I can think of that threw me off at all (aside from my playing) was the extra horn @ the Beev. Our card had all just teed, when the horn sounded a third time..?

I was worried about the photographer, but he was snapping me right when I released my (made) bird putt on 9, which was my first hole, so I thought about paying the guy to follow me all weekend, sending birdie-waves out the lens like that. Unfortunately, the effect wore off pretty quick...

I don't get the hate on highly rated folks who don't go pro. So is Austin (15 year-old who shot 985 golf for 4th place with a 1030 rated round) the next to be called a bagger for playing Amateur events?

He was only a bagger earlier in the year when he was playing INT :D

I played Rec but I should have played Advanced. Yesterday we had to wait 4 hours between rounds and they kept on splitting the rec division cards with other divisions.

you should have played Advanced?

with your 817 rating and shooting 54 over par? Including a 74 at Winget???

please explain.

Last edited:
While the courses were in great shape, the tourney was definitely not well run.
I presume you are talking about delays resulting from some groups playing a difficult course which greatly delayed second round starts. As one of the course TDs, I also suffered these frustrations.

you should have played Advanced?

with your 817 rating and shooting 54 over par? Including a 74 at Winget???

please explain.

I have a hard time dealing with anxiety and stress. Last year I played pretty awful in tournaments because I was still trying to adjust to the pressure of tournaments. I had been playing higher than my rating in all of my tournaments except for one round where I played in the rain. At the National Collegiate Championships I shot my highest rated round and played decent in the team doubles portion. I should have played Advanced because there would have been no pressure on me at all and I would have shot better to improve my rating.

Rec is as it laid back as it gets; I have no idea how playing with players 15-30 strokes better than you in tournament rounds will help anxiety. It will definitely teach you something but I doubt it's less stressful.

Rock Hill Disc Golf Course has a weekly league that you might want to try out.

http://www.rhdgc.com/events/index.html

Last edited:
Rec is as it laid back as it gets; I have no idea how playing with players 15-30 strokes better than you in tournament rounds will help anxiety. It will definitely teach you something but I doubt it's less stressful.

Rock Hill Disc Golf Course has a weekly league that you might want to try out.

http://www.rhdgc.com/events/index.html

Well after the first round I would be playing with people who played up and would not be worrying about their play and would just be having fun. I am also a member of the Rock Hill Disc Golf Club.

In all honesty, if something stresses you out and makes you nervous, why do it?

Im not hating on Mark, he's good. Im just telling it like it is. When he plays Am1 everyone else is basically playing for second. And no if your 15 shooting good rounds thats awesome! Wiggins was a B.A. when he was young too.

Yes, I am tearing it up, win after win. i must be missing something:
http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/57512/2012

I think KenTyburski and apaff and a number of others on here that would not agree with you. They fully expect to win and I fully expect them to beat me. Dave stop using numbers and facts, you confuse the internet trolls.

No one should ever be forced to play pro for any reason.
I will never call someone competeing at the highest level (Advanced is the highest level of amateur) a bagger.

However, Mark is fully ready in terms of ability and mentally to play in the open division if and when he chooses.

I think KenTyburski and apaff and a number of others on here that would not agree with you. They fully expect to win and I fully expect them to beat me. Dave stop using numbers and facts, you confuse the internet trolls.

Mark and I discussed this yesterday. We were dead even save his great round and my mediocre round at Renny on Saturday afternoon. It was great to watch him top my -4 from the morning. And I do enjoy beating Mark Huether on occasion, and certainly expect that I should be closer than 8 back.

Congrats on a great win, and I completely agree with Robert's take on your game.

Anyone ever find my Meteor, though? Because that annoys me. :)

As I had to drive back to Athens last night, I did not attend the awards ceremony since they said we could use our vouchers online. I assume I just email DD with my info and they'll give me a code?

Had a ton of fun this weekend!

Big thanks to BennettUA for housing me, and I got to play with BraveThrower at Angry Beaver and Bradford too which is always fun.

Thanks to tom12003 as well for guiding me around Winget on Thursday. I wish he could've followed my card on Saturday as I shot much better on Thursday than Saturday ...

Shot pretty 'meh' at Angry Beaver/Winget on Saturday, but Idlewild went pretty well as I bumped up from 31st to 13th after two rounds at the Scrapyard. Not too shabby for playing conservatively with putters/mids and Firechickens for forehanding :)

I really enjoyed playing all 3 courses (and Bradford). Lots of fun shots, interesting fairways and greens, and aesthetically pleasing surroundings (especially Winget). Hope to make it back next year! :D

The big question is, how many AJ Destroyers you gonna pick up with the winnings..?

Ha, just messing around.

Props on a real strong performance. I did a "travel tag swap" round with Tyburski on Friday, cool guy, I know he at least was gunning for the win (after making me his b***h.) At y'alls level, what do you think, local knowledge give you an edge, or were you just on freakin' fire?