• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area Courses

Lake Iowa is a newer course 40min west of Iowa City which has hardly been reviewed on here at all, but it's definitely worth a trip. If you're looking to balance the woods golf with something different, this is a good choice as a partner course for Wildcat and Shaver. If you like West Lake, you'll like Lake Iowa...water's not as much of a factor as it is at West Lake, but it has elevation, great variety, and some very tough/fun holes.

lake iowa does look pretty good. that is a good idea to balance the wooded with something a little more open...especially if you are struggling with tighter lines all day lol

There is a course in Muscatine called Fuller park I saw as well. last review was from 2014 and no current conditions posted. Anyone know how that course is now and if its worth a play? looks like the wooded holes could be a nightmare with over grown everything if not maintained.

anyone been out there lately and can shed some light?

Last edited:
Lake Iowa is a newer course 40min west of Iowa City which has hardly been reviewed on here at all, but it's definitely worth a trip. If you're looking to balance the woods golf with something different, this is a good choice as a partner course for Wildcat and Shaver. If you like West Lake, you'll like Lake Iowa...water's not as much of a factor as it is at West Lake, but it has elevation, great variety, and some very tough/fun holes.

Lake Iowa involves a number of epic walks between holes. Heavy grass off the fairways on many long holes requiring scouting and spotting if you can throw long. Once you tee off, you will not be close to your vehicle for 3+ hours. ... On the original posters time schedule, imho it would not be worth the detour.

There is a course in Muscatine called Fuller park I saw as well. last review was from 2014 and no current conditions posted. Anyone know how that course is now and if its worth a play? looks like the wooded holes could be a nightmare with over grown everything if not maintained.

anyone been out there lately and can shed some light?

I can't tell you of conditions but I can tell you it is definitely worth playing. However I have not been disappointed in any of Iowas courses I've played.

Lake Iowa involves a number of epic walks between holes. Heavy grass off the fairways on many long holes requiring scouting and spotting if you can throw long. Once you tee off, you will not be close to your vehicle for 3+ hours. ... On the original posters time schedule, imho it would not be worth the detour.

That is a great point. I agree. thank you for the tip.

... Thread inspired me. Playing Wildcat now and camping out on hole one tonight. Third night this year and more coming. Awesome as usual. Fresh mowed and trimmed. Mosquitos in play and a bit buggy. If you review it here, your brain will lock up deciding on 4.5 or 5.0. I will save you time, 4.5 for no toilet on course (takes a good while to play) and no drinking water on course.

... Thread inspired me. Playing Wildcat now and camping out on hole one tonight. Third night this year and more coming. Awesome as usual. Fresh mowed and trimmed. Mosquitos in play and a bit buggy. If you review it here, your brain will lock up deciding on 4.5 or 5.0. I will save you time, 4.5 for no toilet on course (takes a good while to play) and no drinking water on course.

nice. cant wait. that place looks like such a gem.

anyone been to Fuller park in Muscatine lately? haven't heard too much regarding conditions there on the thread. Was hoping to get some info.

Played Wildcat last year on a business trip. Amazing course. I fly into Madison instead of Cedar Rapids now to avoid flying United but every time I think about Wildcat it makes me reconsider my plans for the next trip. If I were local, I'd be there all the time. So. Much. Fun.

Wildcat is great. If you want two more, I'd play Shaver in Cedar Rapids for sure, then either Sugar Bottom or Turkey Creek in Iowa City/North Liberty. Turkey is reverting back to nine holes at the end of September

Nope, permanent...I know most of/if not all of the back 9 is getting pulled due to erosion per the army corps. I don't know if they are keeping the front as is or reworking some of the holes, but there will still be nine holes. The new prodigy baskets are getting moved to Sugar though.

:eek:
First course I played, first home course... I play this course in my head sometimes when trying to go to sleep at night.
:( to the tenth power...

Latest posts