• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chains the Movie

She is beautiful.

If you have facebook I recommend friending her, DGA did some awesome pics out at the ocean and they are top freaking notch. :thmbup:

i just searched kristie king and there are a lot of hot kristie kings on fb . :thmbup:

why so? we're talking about a sweet movie that will be premiering in about a year. i think this thread should stay open right here in General Disc Golf Chat.

I talked to Derek this week, the guy who is making the film (with his brother), and was talking about adding some new content to the film on the flight behavior of discs and possibly working with him on some wind tunnel tests of a few molds. "Chains" will indeed premiere at 2011 Worlds in Santa Cruz at a local artsy theatre in town. Tom Schot (2011 Worlds organizer) told us that all the pros at Worlds will be there, and is talking about having limousines, red carpets, and all the rest. We were wondering how this kind of glitz, glory, and glamour would go over with the disc golfers. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! I know I'll be there to see it...

kkdga.jpg

i dont know if i would go as far as using the word beautiful :| maybe mildly attractive

ok aside from the sub-topic of rating women disc golfers based on looks - which is sure to drive them all from the sport - the Chains trailer is old, and yes it is coming out. They'll likely have footage of the 2010 Masters Cup included, their whole crew was out shooting that weekend.

Props to mpac for bringing up The Invisible String - it's not a disc golf specific documentary, but it has some of that in there. I think it's more geared to freestyle IIRC.

Also not to toot my own horn, but I'm working on putting a project together for 2011 Worlds as well so with the news of the Chains premiere it'll be movie night in Santa Cruz, lol.

It would be a karate kid type story where a nobody is taught to become a champion discer by a retired, grizzled pro so he can beat a rival champ.

Maybe someone on these forums can help me. I read about a movie (I would think low budget) where a couple of stoners local disc golf course gets pulled and they try to protect it or something. I swear I read about it in flying disc magazine when that was the PDGA's official magazine but I can't find it anywhere now. Has anyone else every heard of this or know what movie it is?