• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chalupa's Bag

Chalupa

I just recently started to take disc golf more seriously. I'm looking to buy a new bag and re-tool my arsenal. I prominently throw Discraft, as they make my two favorite discs (Flick and Buzzz). Anyways, I want to fill in the gaps of my bag.

Here's what I'm throwing right now.

Drivers:
174 ESP Nuke - Haven't thrown it yet.
174 Z Flick - Sidearm throws up to 320 feet.
174 ESP Predator - Broken in, drives up to 400 feet.

Midranges:
178 FLX Buzzz - Seasoned Buzzz, my go to disc for anything under 320 feet.
178 ESP Meteor - Haven't figured this thing out yet. Always flips on me.

Putters:
174 Pro D Challenger - Putt and Approach

I'm looking at Voodoo's Karma for my new bag. Which has about a capacity of 18 to 20 discs. I would like to fill it up.

I'm quite partial to Discraft, as you can see. However, I will consider other companies. I'm looking at adding up to 2 more Buzzz's, a more stable midrange, two more putters and some new drivers. What do you think?

If you like the Challenger's flight, I'd get another D for practice putting and for approaches, and an FLX for driving. The Buzzz(s) and OS mid sound like a good idea. In my opinion, you should either get a Drone or a Zone/Hornet combo. For drivers, I'd get a real fairway. Eagle, Gazelle, Striker, Stalker, Cyclone, River, etc.

Just my .02

Maybe you need to play with just a Buzzz and a putter for a while.
It sounds like you are trying to learn to many discs at once.

Why 3 putters?

you are going to develop bad habits, start small and expand.

You can't have too many Buzzzes :thmbup: Glo and CryZtal are winners, so check them out.

Teebird and Leopard would fill some gaps for you in the fairway driver area.

Teebird and Leopard would be great additions. I was just looking at there products on facebook and really like them what is the prices like? I couldnt find them

No i have thrown both and have leos in my bag and im probably gonna add another champ teebird also i just have to wait till i receive it cause i won it at a ctp we had at local league on sunday. I was asking about voodoos products cause their bags are nice and im thinking about getting another bag and instead of spending all the money on a revo i wanna know how much those are

If you like the Challenger's flight, I'd get another D for practice putting and for approaches, and an FLX for driving. The Buzzz(s) and OS mid sound like a good idea. In my opinion, you should either get a Drone or a Zone/Hornet combo. For drivers, I'd get a real fairway. Eagle, Gazelle, Striker, Stalker, Cyclone, River, etc.

Just my .02
Add .02 more.
Maybe you need to play with just a Buzzz and a putter for a while.
It sounds like you are trying to learn to many discs at once.

Why 3 putters?

you are going to develop bad habits, start small and expand.
This cautionary tale holds water, learning a whole bunch of different molds at once is madness.

OP said:
178 ESP Meteor - Haven't figured this thing out yet. Always flips on me.
That's what it's supposed to do. :| Throw with healthy hyzer and watch it flip and laser towards the basket.

I think adding an ESP Zone, a new Buzzz, a XL, a Challenger in premium plastic for drives and a Cyclone/Stalker would round you out pretty well.

I'm also a buzzz fan and really like my elite z and my two pro ds. The pro ds are nice, flat, straight flyers. Id reccomend one!

I would considering adding something a little more understable to your arsenal, perhaps an Xpress or Stalker. Stalker is great for straight shots.

As far as the Voodoo Karma goes, it is a great bag!!! Shane at Voodoo does a wonderful job taking care of his customers and ensures that you are satisfied. I highly recommend one.

That's what it's supposed to do. :| Throw with healthy hyzer and watch it flip and laser towards the basket.
I think adding an ESP Zone, a new Buzzz, a XL, a Challenger in premium plastic for drives and a Cyclone/Stalker would round you out pretty well.

I know. I just need to throw it with more hyzer. I roll it too much.

I'm guessing you're suggesting the Zone for an stable mid-range? I will look into it. I've used the Drone for awhile, too.

I haven't thrown an XL, but I do have a Sidewinder. I'm assuming they are similar?

Haven't thrown a Cyclone or Stalker either. They actually sound like a Sidewinder more so than the XL.

I would considering adding something a little more understable to your arsenal, perhaps an Xpress or Stalker. Stalker is great for straight shots.

As far as the Voodoo Karma goes, it is a great bag!!! Shane at Voodoo does a wonderful job taking care of his customers and ensures that you are satisfied. I highly recommend one.

They look like great bags. I've talked myself out of the 50-70 dollar range just because of all the great things I'm hearing.

I'm also thinking about trying out a Wizard for my putter. I've just recently switched to the Challenger from a Magnet. I might as well try a few others while I'm at it.

Does Discraft have anything similar to Innova's Teebird? I've thrown Teebird's in the past, and have been impressed.

I know. I just need to throw it with more hyzer. I roll it too much.
Make sure you're not rolling your wrist over, that always gets me for sure.
I'm guessing you're suggesting the Zone for an stable mid-range? I will look into it. I've used the Drone for awhile, too.
The Zone is like a Buzzz with a little man's complex. Very Buzzz feeling, overstable but workable, they're great. As long as you aren't looking for Buzzz distance you'll probably like it.
I haven't thrown an XL, but I do have a Sidewinder. I'm assuming they are similar?

Haven't thrown a Cyclone or Stalker either. They actually sound like a Sidewinder more so than the XL.
Yeah, SW is little faster than all those but it will work for sure. My suggestions are more based on speed ranges than stability, since you have a Pred and love it, all you really need is a flippy complement in the same range and a SW will do fine. So now you have ~ speed 9-10 overstable and understable drivers but still a sizeable speed gap b/w them and your mids, aka the fairway driver dept. A "do-all" stable driver like a Cyclone/Stalker or Gazelle/Cheetah or JLS/Polaris is invaluable for 'tweener holes where you don't feel comfortable powering up the mid or powering down the Pred/SW.

Does Discraft have anything similar to Innova's Teebird? I've thrown Teebird's in the past, and have been impressed. A Tracker is the closest thing but they vary wildly in stability from disc to disc, some are way more overstable to be TB like. Some say an X Avenger is a decent imitation, a beefy XL or Stalker is kind of, but really if you want a TB get a TB. PD's rock too. (if you do get a TB, forget the Cyclone/Stalker, etc.)
:thmbup: Cheers!

Alright, after looking into things, I believe, I have it figured out.

2-3 Medium Wizards (They sound like the best putter for me)
Champion Teebird (Loved throwing them a couple years back)
Z Buzzz (compliment for my seasoned Buzzz)
Z Flick (A staple for me)
Star Wraith (I need a bomber for no-wind situations)

Anything else I should look at?

Latest posts