• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Monarch

Has anyone tried the CFR Star Monarch? I just ordered one from DGC and was wondering what anyones experience with it has been like.

THe monarch!!!!! bad as dye selling it for 15 bucks champ mon 175 grams

Attachments

• IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Not that wimpy of a disc.

What kind of distance are you guys talking about with the monarch? Mine holds a beautiful slow turn line out to 400+ with enough fight to land flat at the end.
Perfect for those right turn shots a roc can't reach...

Just picked up a 170g champ Monarch at Dicks sporting goods today. Not my first choice but I had to use a gift card. I am pretty excited to toss it.

i don't know wtf is wrong with dicks sporting goods here..only things they sell are champ orcs, dx wolfs, dx eagles, dx aviars, and dx wraiths (maybe one or two more dx discs i'm forgetting) plus the dx and champ starter packs...the selection SUUUUUUUCKS, not to mention several dollars more than any online place...

Plus, It always gets me mad to see champ starter packs...starters aren't good enough to use a champion plastic disc yet, they wont learn to throw correctly

Digging up a dead thread to see how many people still use the Monarch.
I bought my first Monarch to use as a roller, but I tried it as a driver and experienced my first turnover ever. I think these very understable discs should still be marketed for beginners and noodles just so they can get over that turnover hump. For a beginner, stable/understable discs all throw the same meathook until the magic finally kicks in and they can learn how to turnover other discs as well.

Honestly, I find the max weight Monarchs to be a great fairway disc. I don't use them regularly, but have two and use them when I travel to a new course on vacation. They always impress me and are fast. Not sure why they aren't more popular w/ the exception that they are similar as far as flight to some other much more popular discs. Great for those learning the game as well as seasoned veterans. I am a big advocate of throwing what you the thrower likes, not the general public. To each his own imo.

Decent disc. IDK about giving it to a noob. Have a 8 or 9/10 167 pink champ. It could never beat my Vision or 160 RR out of the bag. It is controllable, gets decent distance, but could not justify it replacing my RR or vision.

I'm still a Monarch fan. I have been using a Leo or EL for U/S shots but I'm slowly starting to climb out of my distance plateau so it might sneak back into the bag.

I picked up a lighter one when I was getting back into the sport a couple of years ago and have really come to love it. Only use it as a driver on hole #16 @ Highbridge here in Spokane but it is my goto disc for longer approaches(200-250') and for trick around the tree shots. With fh can lay it out with a variety of Anny and it will tend to just die out as it cuts back. Lots of rough with 5-15' trees on local courses, very handy shot to have. Lost my original one in local river and really felt the lack until I replaced it, wish i had a beat in replacement ready to go, Fades much less hard as wears in.

I have a few and it used to be in the bag all the time until the Vulcan came out. It hasn't made it back into the bag since - the Vulcan does the same turnover shots but with more distance. I am consistently getting 40-50 feet more out of the Vulcan than the 'Narch with the same power level.

Latest posts