• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Monarch

chopz33

Eagle Member
I dont see alot of talk on here about this disc. I absolutely love mine. When playing a 18 hole course, i drive with this thing at least 13 out of 18 holes. I get more people asking me "is that a monarch"? like they are surprised or something

what are other peoples thoughts?

I dont see alot of talk on here about this disc. I absolutely love mine. When playing a 18 hole course, i drive with this thing at least 13 out of 18 holes. I get more people asking me "is that a monarch"? like they are surprised or something

what are other peoples thoughts?

I like my monarch for what it is...A hard-right-turning disc...just don't need that on very many holes...but it definitely has a place in my bag...

i used to look at it as a noodle arm disc but i finaly decided to buy one and figured since its supposed to be a turnover disc i would buy a max weight and see what i could do with it...well since i dont have the biggest arm on the course this thing is made for someone like me :) any lighter and i think it would have been a bad buy, but a new 175 flies straight and true...i just wonder what its gonna do for me once it gets good and broke in, i might keep 2 stages of it.

I am looking to get one of these soon and will work hard to get it beat in enough to be a roller for me as well as a good right turn disc or a super hyzer flip disc should the situation call for it.

I am tempted to run out and buy one tomorrow after playing in a tournament today and finding that my super beat in DX Destroyer, which I only used for rollers up until today and which has a huge right turn, actually ended up being a good uphill distance disc and a great hyzer flip distance disc going down hill.

I didn't like mine at all, felt like the anhyzer never held and the groove in the disc catches the wind and throws in a different direction. I stuck with my roadrunner.

I didn't like mine at all, felt like the anhyzer never held and the groove in the disc catches the wind and throws in a different direction. I stuck with my roadrunner.

I agree on the groove under the disc seeming to make both the Monarch and the Groove more susceptible to wind and less likely to cover minor technique errors. Good for learning to throw consistently, but not so good when you absolutely have to hit a line.

I loved mine when I first started playing, but now throwing sidearm...way to easy to overpower it. I like speed 10+ and more stable discs now :)

I have been wanting to try one out. It seems to work well for those who don't have as much power...... which is me.

I used to throw one, but my Star Roadrunner will out fly it by 100ft.

I was that way up until about 2 months or so....now my Champ monarch will outrun my star RR by about 20-30 ft. If I'm able to get a tailwind with the monarch....WHOA. If there's a headwind, monarch sux though!

It is a no wind disc, for sure. But, with a calm wind, it will fly straight and fast, and for me at least, its perfect for just about anything I want to do to it...and wow, that sounded sexual

I love my Monarchs! Like others have mentioned they don't play well in the wind unless its a tailwind. I use them for turnovers and hyzer flips. I havn't tried rolling them yet but its on my to do list.

It really depends on the conditions whether or not I will throw mine. But in calm conditions if I'm trying to rip it, it will take a great s-curve flight and get some respectable distance. However, on the course, I only use it for right turning tee shots (rhbh) with a slight anhyzer release.

champ and star

I have one in champ and star....the star is a '09 world's fundraiser and seems to be more stable than the champ.

I do have to say it works great for the hyzer-flip, but I also have a problem getting it to hold an anny line.

Saying that out loud, i just realized I haven't quite figured out why I carry one.

I agree with others....when the wind is out, take this disc out of your bag.

I love this disc for one reason only, little finesse flicks. I have bailed myself out of trouble so many times stranded on the left of the fairway by sidearm hyzer flipping this disc.

I want to check out a Monarch at some point. I think it might work out for me since I don't throw with a lot of power, but I am trying to get more consistent with the discs I own at the moment.

I see alot of new players carrying these because at the local dicksportingoods store they are marketed as beginner discs and they seem to fly nice for new players.

Ill stick with my RR until it doesnt fly like I want and then get one. Or maybe another RR

My Monarch is great downwind. Nice and straight. I'm losing faith in it for other shots, though. The flip hasn't been too consistent for me.

I want to check out a Monarch at some point. I think it might work out for me since I don't throw with a lot of power, but I am trying to get more consistent with the discs I own at the moment.

If you don't throw real hard it will S-curve wonderfully straight out of the box. I parked a 283' downhill hole at Johnson St in High Point, NC today, it was sweet. Hyzer flipped it and it turned over and just lazily listed to the right, sliding into a root 7' in front of the basket.