• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion Nova?

FrontRimBanger

Par Member
Why hasn't there been a Champion Nova? They've made a Champion Atlas and it uses the same mounting technique as the Nova so I'm sure they could. As popular as the Nova is I feel like it would sell decently well, certainly better than the Atlas at least.

I'm also tired of breaking Novas every 4 months and a Champion Nova would fix that.

I'm also tired of breaking Novas every 4 months and a Champion Nova would fix that.

What are you doing to those things? I want pics. Not because I don't believe you, because I do. It would just be neat to see.

I actually agree with you about offering a version of the core being in Champion or Star, as long as the overmold portion is still the rubbery material used currently.

As hard as he throws...if he tags a tree early it probably disintegrates.

*seriously, FRB has a cannon

What are you doing to those things? I want pics. Not because I don't believe you, because I do. It would just be neat to see.

I actually agree with you about offering a version of the core being in Champion or Star, as long as the overmold portion is still the rubbery material used currently.
I've broken 3 within the past year just like this.

Attachments

• A2B67CE0-5EA7-41CC-96B8-ECB0FC214E91.jpg
    A2B67CE0-5EA7-41CC-96B8-ECB0FC214E91.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 72F8340C-33CB-4B81-A7E3-3A683A8DCE62.jpg
    72F8340C-33CB-4B81-A7E3-3A683A8DCE62.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 145
I always wondered how they'd fail. Have you thought about emailing the proshop? If there's been an oddball run like that, they'd probably know about it. Might help you get some made too if you shared those pics with them...

My guess is that Innova has tryed Champion and Star Nova but for some reason it didn`t work . .weight or strange flight maybe?

I've emailed a suggestion, I posted on Innova threads on Facebook. I've been asking since novas came out for a champ version.

I want one for glow golf, so I can put a light underneath. I know they make glow novas, I've had one, but glow plastic doesn't stick out after the county added more street lights.

Plus durability, I'd rather work a champ into straight.

Only thing I can think is that they don't mold up good or the champion novas are too stable if it's been this long without them.

I have a Champion Atlas with clear flightplate . . one of the coolest disc i own, , i would love a clear champion NOVA

I emailed the Pro shop, we'll see what they say. On another note, does anyone know why next to no one even pros throw the nova full power or forehand? I figure we'd see a lot more breaking if they did.

Paul McBeth bags a Nova and I've seen what looked like full power shots with it.

At the very least driving off the tee with one.

The problem is they only make the disc in XT a material known to be easier to dent in then even modern DX so... I feel they could make an R-Pro Nova and have it work well, just the plastic is known for not being constant on some molds

My guess is that Innova has tryed Champion and Star Nova but for some reason it didn`t work . .weight or strange flight maybe?

But other discs have been molded in some plastics that gave odd flights to them or odd mold ups. I feel it is the plastics Star and Champion not weighting up well and the Blizzard Champion does not work for some reason. Pro or R-Pro should work for the disc, the R-Pro though is the outer rim of the disc plastic just basing on feel so Pro woud be the choice. I wonder why the disc inner plastic is not made of DX at least, as that is even more durable then the XT plastic.

Innova said they've tried molding some up but they never work out well, whatever that means. They did say they'd send me some replacements for the ones I broke though! So that's cool.

Innova said they've tried molding some up but they never work out well, whatever that means. They did say they'd send me some replacements for the ones I broke though! So that's cool.

I would guess as mentioned above that they end up above the weight ceiling.

Or some combination of wonky dome and stability way outside the 0/0 they are trying to hit.

Darn, I should have held on to all the ones I've broken. Think I'm at four. But they were all the old ones, pre Mcbeths.

Latest posts