• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion TL+??

pspunch

Double Eagle Member
I saw this Champion TL+ in the "Post your most recent plastic purchase" thread earlier. Are these a new release coming out soon? I'd like to know where to get one.

I see sunking has some cfr champions but these look production. The Innova site doesn't show TL's in champion plastic yet

Great to see though.

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 244
what what what?!

i hope they are production runs... and i hope they put the regular champ TL in production as well.

wait.. wasn't one of the USDGC discs a champ TL+... should of seen this coming. who was the person that bought it?

So far hasn't all the plus molds been more stable than their original counterparts? If this is true why would I want a more stable TL? That is a Tbird.
I love TL's but I want them a touch more stable than a leopard. If I go by Innova numbers and leos are -2+1 and Tls are 0, +1 that works. Make it more stable and it is a tbird. If I could get a 0/0 TL off the rack then let me know.

So far hasn't all the plus molds been more stable than their original counterparts? If this is true why would I want a more stable TL? That is a Tbird.
I love TL's but I want them a touch more stable than a leopard. If I go by Innova numbers and leos are -2+1 and Tls are 0, +1 that works. Make it more stable and it is a tbird. If I could get a 0/0 TL off the rack then let me know.

uh... TL's are longer than teebirds.. hence Tbird Long. so it wouldn't be like a teebird.. it would be like a longer teebird.

I already have some flat champ TL's that when new fly a lot like some Tbirds but farther. Then you beat them in a bit and you have a longer straighter Tbird.

What I've been wanting is a disc that flies like a CAL TL, so this really excites me.

uh... TL's are longer than teebirds.. hence Tbird Long. so it wouldn't be like a teebird.. it would be like a longer teebird.

I already have some flat champ TL's that when new fly a lot like some Tbirds but farther. Then you beat them in a bit and you have a longer straighter Tbird.

What I've been wanting is a disc that flies like a CAL TL, so this really excites me.
No Tls are less stable than Tbirds.
L means less stable and yes thus longer. I throw a lot of Star Tls. When brand new they fly straight then fade but less than a Tbird. When used a bit they turn a little and fade a little. Tbirds (not DX) take a long time to naturally turn and always fade more than a TL. The actual (long) disctance is negligable comapred to the difference in flight pattern.

No Tls are less stable than Tbirds.
L means less stable and yes thus longer. I throw a lot of Star Tls. When brand new they fly straight then fade but less than a Tbird. When used a bit they turn a little and fade a little. Tbirds (not DX) take a long time to naturally turn and always fade more than a TL. The actual (long) disctance is negligable comapred to the difference in flight pattern.

i know what the L means, most of the people i know refer to the L as Long because less stable equates to longer. why did you feel the need to correct me on that if we were getting at the same point.

notice how i said flat champ TLs... not star TLs. have you thrown flat champ TLs, have you thrown a CAL TL? they are more stable than the production stars, i search near and far for flat champ TLs because I want a more stable TL or longer Tbird.

i'm not really sure what you're getting at. i've thrown a lot of Tbirds and Tls in my yard and for me the TLs go farther. if you agree that TLs go farther and that a champ plus mold would make the TLs more stable like a Tbird then why can you not make the assumption that a Champ TL+ mold would have Tbird stability but be longer?

...this is a ridiculous conversation at this point.

if you agree that TLs go farther and that a champ plus mold would make the TLs more stable like a Tbird then why can you not make the assumption that a Champ TL+ mold would have Tbird stability but be longer?

...this is a ridiculous conversation at this point.

Agreed. You are dodging logic left and right, New...

i feel like i'm being punished for being excited about a disc... :wall:

I thought the L meant Leopard? ;);) One of life's greatest mysteries.

Dude you are not alone, I'm friggin pumped. Even if it flies just like a Teebird I don't care, I love the + mold. I really didn't care for the TB+ though, it felt great but the fligh just wasn't a Teebird to me.

I'm also curious to see how the +ness affects the wing vs my other TL's. If you think about it the slant inside rim has to affect how the wing turns out. I'm thinking that it raises the PLH a little bit and that is why the extra stability. Plus they feel so great in my puny man hands.

The TL is too great of a disc to only be offered in 1 stock plastic variety. Thanks Innova!

i feel like i'm being punished for being excited about a disc... :wall:

You're not. I just was really baffled at your assault on someone asking the obvious question: if the "+" molds are supposed to be more stable, then what's the point of a TL+ when there is already a Teebird. If they have the same stats, then why are they being called two different things, is all he was saying.

You're not. I just was really baffled at your assault on someone asking the obvious question: if the "+" molds are supposed to be more stable, then what's the point of a TL+ when there is already a Teebird. If they have the same stats, then why are they being called two different things, is all he was saying.

i think i explained that.. didn't i?

the stats mean nothing and we all know that.

the stats mean nothing and we all know that.

I can get behind that.

I just think Innova is making 0 sense right now. It's like they are feeling cornered by some up and comers, and are cranking out new molds to make up for it.

Consumer: "Oh, those Lat 64's are sooo pretty and durable..."
Innova: "You want more molds? Ok."
Consumer: "No..."

Last edited:
it's marketing... new is the in thing in our society. i've only been around the game for a year but it seems like the companies miss quite a bit but once and a while they hit the bullseye and create a new mold that sells like hot cakes. you have to shoot a lot of arrows to hit a lot of targets...

most of the stuff innova has came out with recently i'm not a fan of. i didn't like the tbird+ or the roc+ but i love the archon and i've been wanting production champ tls so i'm happy theyre adding this.

I carry a champ glo TL and it's awesome. The + mold is exciting to me for 2 reasons, 1, all the Lat64 guys talk about the slanted rim adding glide, so that's possible. and 2, I think it will beat in close to what a stock star TL is when fresh.

From players pack and CTP prize from last weekend's tourney. So Cal Championships 2011

this is the buyer, he posted a star teedevil and a champ tl+... @(#&$er :)

No. The TD with the plus molded rim is LESS overstable than the straight molded rim TD's. I'm hoping the same holds true with the TL, but I guess...wouldnt that just make it a Leopard...or a Teebird if more overstable...Innova...when are they going to concentrate back again on their mids and putters.

The + rim is easier to pull out of the mold and weights easier. I suspect Innova identified that the + rim makes economical sense so they are slowly transitioning all molds to the + rim. Just my hunch of course.

I personally like the + rim on drivers. The Roc + doesn't do it for me, I rarely rip Rocs for max D, but I love love love my Valk + collection. The + rim lets me really rip into discs with ease.

Latest posts