• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion TL+??

From http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/fairway-drivers/tl.html:

"The TL is the brother of the reliable Teebird. The "L" stands for "Less Overstable" and "Longer". This disc has the same great speed and glide as the Teebird, but is straighter flying with less fade at the end of the flight. If you are looking for a straight flying maximum fairway driver, the TL is the answer. "

Champion TL+

This TL+ was a CTP disc I won and the Innova people said it was to be released November 7th.

I personally like the + mold as I throw the Roc+, Teebird+ and the TD with the plus-like mold.

I saw this Champion TL+ in the "Post your most recent plastic purchase" thread earlier. Are these a new release coming out soon? I'd like to know where to get one.

I see sunking has some cfr champions but these look production. The Innova site doesn't show TL's in champion plastic yet

Great to see though.

There is a big difference between a ROC/ROC+ and a TeeBird/TeeBird+

The ROC+ has more glide and less fade then the original (it's 4/5/0/2)

The TeeBird+ was only made to "feel better" in your hand, it does not change flight characteristics.

The TeeBird+ is just a gimmick.

While holding a KC12X Champ TeeBird next to a TeeBird+, you'll notice that if there is a difference, it is microscopic at best.

If you want a better "feeling" Champ Teebird/TL, just remove the flashing.

Last edited:
+ mod? Sorry what the hell is a + mod? I have never seen one. On a second note Hell ya for the TL. Any new production TL's are a good thing. I love the TL and the champ plastic. IMO the TL is a very underated disc that innova can do a lot more with.

+ mod? Sorry what the hell is a + mod? I have never seen one. On a second note Hell ya for the TL. Any new production TL's are a good thing. I love the TL and the champ plastic. IMO the TL is a very underated disc that innova can do a lot more with.

The + mold is kinda new, they slant the inner rim of the disc. Presumably so it rips out cleaner on release. There's speculation that the slanted rim improves the glide and affects stability a little. Seems to vary a lot from disc to disc

The + rim is easier to pull out of the mold and weights easier. I suspect Innova identified that the + rim makes economical sense so they are slowly transitioning all molds to the + rim. Just my hunch of course.

I personally like the + rim on drivers. The Roc + doesn't do it for me, I rarely rip Rocs for max D, but I love love love my Valk + collection. The + rim lets me really rip into discs with ease.

Can't remember where I read it so I hope I am not starting rumers, but Innova said the + mold allows them to get more plastic at the rim which distributes the weight differently which allows them to use less/different weighting agents to make different weight discs. Whew what a mouthful!

If I remember this was most helpful on the lower weight discs (Think 150 class)

For what its worth I love the ROC+ and TB+ and TL, so yeah I would be interested in this disc.

holy crap, you guys are arguing about the flight characteristics of a disc that neither of you have thrown or let alone even held. and then you're bashing innova for making it in the first place. what if it turns out to be exactly like a TL and becomes the greatest disc in the whole world ever. in the world. calm down guys.

Just for clarification,

L = leopard bottom.

Several people have mentioned it, this is the correct definition of "L". Several discs were produced with the Leopard bottom:

Starfire w/ Leopard Bottom = SL
Firebird w/ Leopard Bottom = FL
Teebird w/ Leopard Bottom = TL
Eagle w/ Leopard bottom = EL

Just for clarification,

L = leopard bottom.

Several people have mentioned it, this is the correct definition of "L". Several discs were produced with the Leopard bottom:

This post^ is a lie. None if those discs actually have a leopard bottom

Just for clarification,

L = leopard bottom.

Wrong again.
If you look at the Leopard diameter, you'll see that the Leopard mold could not be used along with the discs mentioned.
Also, the wing on all those discs look similar to a Leopard, but do not have the slanted bead that the Leopard has.
This whole Leopard thing is a myth that will not die.
Sorry.

L stands for long. It is a second version of an existing mold that is less stable than the original. This is usually done by using a flat wing similar to a leapard.

You're not. I just was really baffled at your assault on someone asking the obvious question: if the "+" molds are supposed to be more stable, then what's the point of a TL+ when there is already a Teebird. If they have the same stats, then why are they being called two different things, is all he was saying.

Thank you. I wasn't attacking anyone. I have some CFR Tbird+'s and they are stable as heck so I am prett confident a more stable TL is not what I want from Innova. Sorry if I offended.

Trey no way does a TL actually have a Leo bottom take a look. The leopard is very unique on the underside of the wing the TL is not the same, that leopard bottom thing is a myth. Maybe the original concept was a leo bottom but that is not the case.

Maybe we need side by side photos, no time right now but I throw Leo,s TL and ELs and I just looked again. Leo bottom is not on eith TL or EL.

Last edited:
Good call on that. I think you're right concerning the Leopard bottom.

BUT!!!

I have just confirmed with my sources, that there is also a more rare disc with the leopard bottom.

the LL.

BUT!!!

I have just confirmed with my sources, that there is also a more rare disc with the leopard bottom.

the LL.

I didn't know you were spreading misinformation just for fun. Carry on.

BUT!!!

the LL.

:doh::p