• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion TL+??

I had both out in the field and on the course just today. They really don't compare at all to a Star TL, aside from the feel of the rim which is even off a bit. If you already have a Champ Teebird in your bag just imagine that with a straight rim and you have the Champ TL+.

My TL+ is fairly new, but it is still way beefier than a new Star TL. They might break in nicely though. I could see them breaking in to flying like a new Star TL, we'll see. If I had to put numbers on them I'd say my broken in Star TL is -1 HSS with 1.5 LSS, where the Champ TL+ is more like 0 HSS and 3 LSS.

Thanks for the detailed write-up. This convinced me to stick with my Star TL for the time being. I don't need anything more stable at this point.

I used the Champ TL + and have played a few 1 fairway/1 driver disc rounds with it throwing both sidearm and BH. Nice disc. Domey. Doesn't do anything my Star TLs, 08 Champ Glow Teebird, C-TD, Champ Glow Eagles don't. It doesn't do enough that I could get rid of say the glow Teebird and TL and make my bag smaller. Seems like it gets a little less distance than my Teebirds and TL's and way less than the TD...

I liked it, but just gave it to my girlfriend cause I got it in hot pink/red. Seems like a novelty mold that doesnt add to the fairway driver line that is pretty well covered with Leo's, FB's, Teebirds, TL's Eagles, Gazelles, ETC.

I forgot to mention that I really like this disc for FH. The extra bit of stability helps keep my OAT in check while still giving me a really straight flight with fade. That line is really the only time I'll throw FH instead of a turnover or an anhyzer. I can see myself carrying it for FH use only and breaking it in to be a buttery BH driver, only time will tell.

just got around to picking one of these up and wow is it stable. 0 HSS and easily 2 LSS

that said, does anyone know if there's a CA/CAL distinction to be made? mine says CAL and i've seen people mention TL's as CA on the marketplace. anybody thrown both?

just got around to picking one of these up and wow is it stable. 0 HSS and easily 2 LSS

that said, does anyone know if there's a CA/CAL distinction to be made? mine says CAL and i've seen people mention TL's as CA on the marketplace. anybody thrown both?

woah.. your TL+ says CAL? are you sure it's a +mold?

I'm thinking you just have an old CAL TL which I believe switched over in 2003 some time to CA. All of my CAL molds are flat and super stable like you're describing, they also tend to have a bit less glide in comparison to my CFR Champ TLs. I carry a CAL and 2 CFR Champs in my bag.

PuppySlayer: It takes a while to beat the champs in enough to where they develop the turn the stars have, but when they get there they are so money and they stay at that stability way longer than the stars do.