• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion TL+??

I have been throwing a pretty pink champ max weight one. They fly to me like a well worn 11x teebird. I can't really turn them over with out trying...they fly dead straight with more fade at the end of the flight that a TL. This could just be because of the newness. I added it to my bag for winter throwing replacing my worn glow Teebirds. It has worked well for me...and I think that + rim gives it a little more skip off the ground. Flies like a new TD but not as fast or far, for me...it is a good 340' disc that goes straight to 300' then fades slightly...

Start with an anny and add some snap and they keep the turn, just enough over stability to flatten the disc out and prevent cut rolls.

There has been alot of discussion about what the "L" in TL stands for. Some say long, some say less stable.

I say is stands for LAZY. I mean you cant beat the living crap out of your teebirds yourself? There used to be a time when people seasoned their discs. When you would take special care to throw 278 flick rollers into a tree to get that teebird perfectly straight/ slightly flippy.

Now we just go out and buy that piece already straight. Where has this sport come too?

You've just figured out that the American people that are constantly drunk, stoned, playing video games and watching American Idol all week are lazy?? What took you so long? By the way, almost nobody knows who the hell they vote for either. Our culture is dead.

Good luck with the ape. Once you get that thing worked in you will love your sidewinder. Such a great disc.

There has been alot of discussion about what the "L" in TL stands for. Some say long, some say less stable.

I say is stands for LAZY. I mean you cant beat the living crap out of your teebirds yourself? There used to be a time when people seasoned their discs. When you would take special care to throw 278 flick rollers into a tree to get that teebird perfectly straight/ slightly flippy.

Now we just go out and buy that piece already straight. Where has this sport come too?

what's the b in bwiese stand for.. bitchy?

Yes, b stands for bitchy. And todays letter is S which stands for sarcasm. My first post was a joke. Sorry it did not come across that way. I will put it in all italics next time.

So has anyone thrown these much that can tell me what they are like?

I recieved one in a trade not too long ago and finally got out to throw it. The disc that the Champ TL+ is flying most like is for me is a newish SPD. It doesn't quite want to flip but you can tell it will with some age.

Wind conditions for today were pretty mild, 10-12 mph gusts, but I got to use it in some light headwinds and it just handled them just fine. Small flip up from hyzer, straight flight, good fade.

As far as distance goes I was generally throwing about 10-15' shorter than my PD, but it took the same amount of effort to do so. In the field I topped out with my PD going (approximately) 400' and the TL+ going 380'. I was throwing them on the same lines for distance.

The Champ TL+ is a bit more power hungry than Star TL, which is a fairly power hungry disc. As far as CFR TL vs Champ TL+ I'd say they are very close, but the + has more dome and is not as comfortable in the hand as well as being a tick more HSS.

Can anyone elaborate on how the Champ TL+ compares to a Star TL? I am really digging my Star TL right now, but I prefer Champ plastic...

I had both out in the field and on the course just today. They really don't compare at all to a Star TL, aside from the feel of the rim which is even off a bit. If you already have a Champ Teebird in your bag just imagine that with a straight rim and you have the Champ TL+.

My TL+ is fairly new, but it is still way beefier than a new Star TL. They might break in nicely though. I could see them breaking in to flying like a new Star TL, we'll see. If I had to put numbers on them I'd say my broken in Star TL is -1 HSS with 1.5 LSS, where the Champ TL+ is more like 0 HSS and 3 LSS.

Umm my dad bought it as his first driver at play it again..seems nice

I still haven't thrown the TL+ but I've got oodles of CFR Champ TLs and as Sid just said, they're more stable than the Stars. It took me about 4 months of wear to beat my most used Champ TL in to what Stars fly like and it's stayed there another 4 months, it's gravy. I combo that one with a new one which flies closer to a Tbird and a beat to crap SE TL that flies like a beat in pro leopard.

The champs also have a bit less glide but from my experience they are less sensitive and can give you more reliable results.

Last edited:
Atleast it wasnt just me saying these things dont fly like TLs. The one Sid has I traded him. I think they flew more like a champ teebird than a TL.