• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion TL+??

Just for clarification,

L = leopard bottom.

Several people have mentioned it, this is the correct definition of "L". Several discs were produced with the Leopard bottom:

Starfire w/ Leopard Bottom = SL
Firebird w/ Leopard Bottom = FL
Teebird w/ Leopard Bottom = TL
Eagle w/ Leopard bottom = EL

Wrong

Just for clarification,

L = leopard bottom.

Several people have mentioned it, this is the correct definition of "L". Several discs were produced with the Leopard bottom:

Starfire w/ Leopard Bottom = SL
Firebird w/ Leopard Bottom = FL
Teebird w/ Leopard Bottom = TL
Eagle w/ Leopard bottom = EL

I'm not buying that. If you compare a Leopard to any of the other L mold discs you will notice the L molds have flat wings and the Leopard has a little bead on the bottom kinda like a Predator but to a lesser extent.

There is no definitive to answer to what L =. Merely speculation. But hey, who cares? They are longer and less overstable and leopard and luxurious and loving.;)

Now if we can just figure out what the J in JLS stands for.

Last edited:
Good call on that. I think you're right concerning the Leopard bottom.

BUT!!!

I have just confirmed with my sources, that there is also a more rare disc with the leopard bottom.

the LL.

Seriously though, I'd love to try a Leopard X.

Millennium released a disc with the leopard bottom and what looks like a banshee top. I think it is the only other disc to use the leopard bottom. It was never approved when it was released. I think it was called the lfx.

whats the difference between an L and a +.....I thought the + was a way to change the mold so that once in champion production would perform more like the original mold rather than be an overstable version.....I don't think it has really worked out from what I've heard.

the Leo rumor is such an urban legend that won't die...lol
someone is confusing the X mold with the + mold and arguing based on that premise...lol
Trey...what makes you think you know anything about Innova discs....lol...btw where can I get an LL

whats funny is some players love the + molds....so if the disc earns fans and doesnt fly like it was intended is that really a failure? more choices is better imo

whats the difference between an L and a +.....I thought the + was a way to change the mold so that once in champion production would perform more like the original mold rather than be an overstable version.....I don't think it has really worked out from what I've heard.

the Leo rumor is such an urban legend that won't die...lol
someone is confusing the X mold with the + mold and arguing based on that premise...lol
Trey...what makes you think you know anything about Innova discs....lol...btw where can I get an LL

The + stands for a slanted inner rim.

whats funny is some players love the + molds....so if the disc earns fans and doesnt fly like it was intended is that really a failure? more choices is better imo

Not when they change a disc but don't label it as a + rim. When you order a disc online it is now a crap shoot if you will get that disc or whatever disc Innova felt like making for that run.

So is the disc more understable or are players messing up their release?

+ rims on Valks and TeeBirds tend to make them have more neutral HSS and more late LSS.

I don't believe it messes up my release at all. In fact I was killing my Valk + yesterday to the tune of 440' (results not typical, having a strong week) so I think it is safe to say release can be just fine with the + rim. The + rim sticks to my stubby fingers better than the regular rim.

Just for the record, this thread is even more ridiculous now.

...L stands for leopard...? That was some beautiful trolling.

The idea that taking one disc and making it slightly more/less stable by introducing a new rim/plastic will just make it the exact same as another disc is half retarded. More stable TLs are not Tbirds, theyre just TLs with a HSS that's much closer to a Tbird.

Just for the record, this thread is even more ridiculous now.

...L stands for leopard...? That was some beautiful trolling.

The idea that taking one disc and making it slightly more/less stable by introducing a new rim/plastic will just make it the exact same as another disc is half retarded. More stable TLs are not Tbirds, theyre just TLs with a HSS that's much closer to a Tbird.

Trolls = lols

In all due seriousness, the champ tl+ isn't half bad if you are comfortable with plus rims. Its large on the domey side but is pretty straight out of the box.

Not as stable as its cfr counterparts.

Latest posts