• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion XCaliber w/ Ghost Samurai Stamp (1st Run?)

mcbrandt

Hello,

Was going through a bunch of old discs and came across one I cannot find anywhere online, for purposes of determining rarity and/or value. This is a Champion plastic Xcaliber that has a samurai ghost stamp on it. It appears to be a dayglo disc, too. I believe it is a first run and is from a Japan Open from years and years ago. If I had to put a three-year range on this thing, I'd say it was produced between 2009 and 2012...but I could be wrong there. Anyone have any idea how rare something like this is? Seems somewhat rare because I cannot find another example of it anywhere online, and from what I was told when I won it in a raffle, it is a rare disc.

Cheers,

mcbrandt

Attachments

• Champion Xcaliber Ghost Samurai Stamp .jpg
    Champion Xcaliber Ghost Samurai Stamp .jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 54
Xcals were first run in early 2008 as Star (some Echo Star greens too) though a handful of the Champs run about a year later also got the large protostar stamp as well [not actually first run]. Don't forget the R-Pro mini proto stamped ones for the Tim S. masters tournament - first R-Pro run is what they should have been labeled at...a bit deceiving there.

Heavy JO discs weren't run until at least 2010 IIRC, and based upon that archer stamp I'd guess at least then if not later. Might even be 12'-'14 or something honestly I forget.

Rare? Yes. Expensive/collectable? Doubtful.

Have you scaled it? Is there ink? Sleepy Scale rating? I'd buy it but not for those $800 Paul McBeth Zone kinda prices lol

I found my forum post...wow, not very user friendly forum search function. Like I said, I'll confirm weight later today or tomorrow.

I found my forum post...wow, not very user friendly forum search function. Like I said, I'll confirm weight later today or tomorrow.

Click on your name/go to user profile.

Click on statistics tab under your profile picture.

All threads created by me (or posts if you're looking for one of your comments.)

Google: "dgcr disc name"
Most threads will show up.

Or look at the stickied threads up top and ask your question there without making a whole thread for it.

Last edited:
The samurai archer stamp was used for the 2008 JO. I would assume, though, that the stamp was used in other years also.

Does it have the patent numbers on the bottom? I think those went away in 2010-11 era? Not a solid tell, but it could help.

It does have WWW tooling, not sure when that started.

Value-wise, I agree with Grip

Xcals were first run in early 2008 as Star (some Echo Star greens too) though a handful of the Champs run about a year later also got the large protostar stamp as well [not actually first run]. Don't forget the R-Pro mini proto stamped ones for the Tim S. masters tournament - first R-Pro run is what they should have been labeled at...a bit deceiving there.

Heavy JO discs weren't run until at least 2010 IIRC, and based upon that archer stamp I'd guess at least then if not later. Might even be 12'-'14 or something honestly I forget.

Rare? Yes. Expensive/collectable? Doubtful.

Have you scaled it? Is there ink? Sleepy Scale rating? I'd buy it but not for those $800 Paul McBeth Zone kinda prices lol

which macbeth zones are goin for 800 these days

which macbeth zones are goin for 800 these days

The crutchy ones. So all of them ;)

You remember back in the foregone days when Discraft had stock discs for sale? Lost my main Z Wasp a couple weeks ago, I mean, I got a few backups. But I'll be damned if I have to buy a Ledgestone Cryztal sparkle Z Glo Hammes Wasp in lost colors for $25.99 before shipping. :gross:

The crutchy ones. So all of them ;)

You remember back in the foregone days when Discraft had stock discs for sale? Lost my main Z Wasp a couple weeks ago, I mean, I got a few backups. But I'll be damned if I have to buy a Ledgestone Cryztal sparkle Z Glo Hammes Wasp in lost colors for $25.99 before shipping. :gross:

yuck

did you lose the pink one

i got you too if you run out of wasps

Latest posts