• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte Am. Championships (6/25-6/26)

First round I think I missed 4-5 putts from right around 10-15ft so that really hurt. Shot as 66 at Eastway Long and a 69 at Renny Black. I not move from this spot on couch for a long time :D.

First round I think I missed 4-5 putts from right around 10-15ft so that really hurt. Shot as 66 at Eastway Long and a 69 at Renny Black. I not move from this spot on couch for a long time :D.

And tomorrow you play Hornets Nest and Nevin? Rough 2 days... I don't know if finishing with Nevin is the best idea either.

Hornets Nest I'm not too worried about. Nevin on the other hand... But for the most part Hornets Nest and Nevin are wooded so it will not be nearly as hot for us as it was today.

How did ya do

well i caddied magnificently! even shook a tree getting cypress needles on down my back retrieving a disc stuck 40'sh ft up. (vondrehle helped a little)... weakling... haha

god it was hot! thanks for having ice cold water throughout the course! 2 32 oz powerades proved to be an insufficient amount :(.

I got sun burnt :( Renny is a beast

Keep hydrated. Worst part about hornet's nest is the walk from 1 to 2 and playing holes 2, 4 - 7 because there isn't a lot of shade on those holes....and if you are in the shade on those holes then more than likely you had a horrible shot.

As far as the golf goes, I'd think that the front 9 of Hornets Nest would feel like a break compared to the rest of the courses.

absolutely, hornets nest isnt near as "taxing on the body" as a place like renny. very fun to play and watch. gonna be a great course to start the day on for those competing. Good place to do awards ceremony also.

A good ways off. I saw some throws today that were not very... Intermediate if you get what I mean :D. But my putting really hurt me out at Eastway. Also had some OB's that were just stupid on my part. 3'd number 2 in the long though so that was a plus :D.

Last edited:
A good ways off. I saw some throws today that were not very... Intermediate if you get what I mean :D. But my putting really hurt me out at Eastway. Also had some OB's that were just stupid on my part. 3'd number 2 in the long though so that was a plus :D.

Eastway has a lot of the baskets in places that really penalize a bad putt. So you think hard about the putt before you throw. The knees go to knocking, if you know what I mean.
The OB's are also a danger. It's almost designed to dare you to throw that long shot that may drift over the road.
Keep it up and good luck today.

Well didn't play good today. I think I had to have missed at least 20 putts inside of 15ft this weekend. Had nothing to do with skill as I have been about 80-85% from that distance during casual round so I believe it is all mental :(. Didn't go to the awards figured if I did happen to cash it would be at the bottom and not worth the wait of getting everything handed out.

Had fun during the tournament and all the courses looked great. Though wouldn't mind someone taking some chemicals to the poison ivy along the fairways out at Eastway :D. It wasn't too kind to my legs, even with long socks.

Yeah there was a tourny in charlotte several years ago that i finished tied for last plastic....$10 split 3 ways is not fun so I just gave up my share.

anybody playing the cha ching and zing next week? i'm still debating if i should blow all of my paycheck on a plane ticket and go to electric forest or just stay home and play my first tourney...

Unless something happens I will be out at the Zebulon tourney. Though if it is rainy I might just pick up my players pack :D.

^^^
Go blow your money at Phish next weekend. Play
a tournament the following weekend.
Thank me later for this advice :)

I just caught Phish twice... and no Phish show has anything on the lights of Sherwood Forest...