• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cheap Grip knockoff

Ive mentioned this elsewhere but you guys are seriously underestimating the strength of these materials. I mean what the hell are you doing to your bag thats going to require a stronger/higher grade material...

I play competitive paintball and the pants I use have 400D nylon and they have not torn at all after an entire season of sliding on the grass and dirt and getting shot at... Really you dont need a stronger material for a disc golf bag..you just dont.

Heres the pants im talking about.. http://shop.dyepaintball.com/dye_am/c13-pant-cubix-gray.html

I live in Upstate, NY. I trudge through a lot of tight woods, thorns, etc. Plus, it's more about the fact that 400D nylon is cheap to get. A couple of these bags ask us to pay premium price for less-than-premium cost on the bag maker.

I live in Upstate, NY. I trudge through a lot of tight woods, thorns, etc. Plus, it's more about the fact that 400D nylon is cheap to get. A couple of these bags ask us to pay premium price for less-than-premium cost on the bag maker.

i hear ya on the cost... they charge quite a bit for some of the paintball stuff made with it.. :/

I say bring a machete or axe and start hacking out a bigger path lol

huge props to the guy that posted the swiss gear mod awhile back. bag has been rock solid, 16 discs in the bottom, 3 in putter pocket. top can hold 8 more discs/6 pack cooler/extra clothes. Put extra pvc frame on top and I can sit on the bag like a simian. cant find a production bag out there that can match this one.

Do you have a link to this? I would love to see it, its got me super interested.

huge props to the guy that posted the swiss gear mod awhile back. bag has been rock solid, 16 discs in the bottom, 3 in putter pocket. top can hold 8 more discs/6 pack cooler/extra clothes. Put extra pvc frame on top and I can sit on the bag like a simian. cant find a production bag out there that can match this one.
Do you have a link to this? I would love to see it, its got me super interested.

I think this might be it.

Last edited:

i think the big difference is time. internal frames and gear slowly wear into the material. 400D will show this wear many years before 1000D will. What is really disappointing is the growing use of poly over nylon. poly is fine for straps but as cloth it is nowhere near as resistant and stretches.
if you look at backpacking packs, day packs are 200-400D, expedition packs are 1000D+. On an expedition you need your pack to last no matter what.