• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cheap Grip knockoff

Moral of the story: We're all paying waaaaaaay too much for our disc golf bags.

Actually not really. This bag uses 600D polyester, most quality DG bags are using 1000D+ nylon. Huge durability and cost difference. Then because you have such thicker material to work with you need a heavy grade machine which costs more money.
Are they over priced, yes. But not ridiculous. And as the sport grows the prices on gear will come down as conglomerates take over.

yeah really DG bags are kinda crazy priced for what they are... I use a laptop backpack which has 2 sections in the middle, 3 outer pockets, a putter pocket, 2 water bottle holders, gel padded back and straps as well as spots for pencils, pens, score cards and holds 15 discs fine with a rubber bottom and water resistant exterior. $20 on clearance after school sales last year'

edit: and my bag is made to protect a $500+ investment not some plastic so quality? ehh i think its fine.

Actually not really. This bag uses 600D polyester, most quality DG bags are using 1000D+ nylon. Huge durability and cost difference. Then because you have such thicker material to work with you need a heavy grade machine which costs more money.
Are they over priced, yes. But not ridiculous. And as the sport grows the prices on gear will come down as conglomerates take over.

It was a joke, really. But I understand your point.

It was a joke, really. But I understand your point.

i've looked into starting a bag company and have alot of great ideas that are not out there. but man the start up is huge tbh. and there is little expectation for success. And the time involved if you make them yourself leaves you with little for other things. I used to think GorillaBoy was slow as heck, but now I understand.
I think that's what drives the cost up is that people want to get their investment back quick. DG is still in its infancy for building a thriving business around. Maybe if my new venture works out I can have the capital to start the DG bag end of it.

yeah really DG bags are kinda crazy priced for what they are... I use a laptop backpack which has 2 sections in the middle, 3 outer pockets, a putter pocket, 2 water bottle holders, gel padded back and straps as well as spots for pencils, pens, score cards and holds 15 discs fine with a rubber bottom and water resistant exterior. $20 on clearance after school sales last year'

edit: and my bag is made to protect a $500+ investment not some plastic so quality? ehh i think its fine.

I am curious...think you can find a link to the bag? also what brand? Swiss gear?

no problem. I have an OGIO but it doesn't handle discs well. Being a poor college student I want to see your bag and see if it will solve my problem :)

before I had a sick Ecko backpack which lasted 2 years (after being a HS bag many years prior) and was actually better design than my current one but inferior quality for DG use. Lots of space for discs, comfortable and many pockets as well as spaces but not strong enough.

going to check out some fishing/hiking bags this week.. $50-$100 gets you one heck of a bag!

You also have to pay attention to bag depth. The bag on the OP lists at 8" depth. That would also make the inner compartment slightly less than that. DIY disc bags need around 9" inner depth to allow for a pvc frame to get built inside and not have the discs hang out too far.

Yeah it's pretty obnoxious how much some of these disc golf bags cost.. 200 for a backpack lol..

I think the most ill spend on a bag is the new dynamic discs commander for like 80

high-five-athletic-team-backpacks.jpg

This one is even cheaper and has 9" depth.

MOLLE on the outside and Alice clips on the straps? Money. I bet Tactical Tailor could whip something up like that...and it could be in Multicam!

Yep! Put your water bottle holder, pouches, maybe custom putter pocket etc. wherever you like.

Doesn't have to have the "tactical" look, just molle is a great system for making modular bags.