• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chicago->Asheville

bjfergus21

Thinking about doing a 4-5 day road trip to Asheville and back starting in Chicago. Thinking about driving through Cincinnati on the way there to play Idlewild. Our last stop will be Asheville, NC. What are some good courses to play on the way? My brother and I want to play a course in Tennessee, Ohio, and Kentucky, to make sure we get some more states knocked off our list of playing in each. Thanks for the thoughts!

While in the Cincinnati area, hit up Mt Airy and Lincoln Ridge too.

If you're coming from Chicago, I would say Osage Grove, Idlewild, and Lincoln Ridge in the Cincinnati area. That takes care of Ohio and Kentucky.

In Tennessee, I would try to get in contact with someone to arrange a round at Harmon Hills. There's Tennessee. I played Morningside outside of Knoxville, and I really enjoyed it, but I really wish I'd been more diligent about throwing at HH.

Richmond Hill in Asheville is pretty fun and worth the play.

Don't miss the Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge combo, IW is a better course but LR is more fun to play.
Print a map though for LR since 5 and 6 plus 22 and 23 are easy to miss (no next tee signs). I was there Monday and the course was in great shape.

We concluded the road trip from Chicago to Asheville last week and it was an awesome time. Got to play Mt. Airy in Cincy, Idlewild in Kentucky, Harmon Hills in Tennessee, and Holler in the Hills in Kentucky. They were all fantastic. My take on it was Harmon was the most enjoyable place to play. Holler in the Hills had the most signature holes, Idlewild was insanely tough (for my skill set) and Mt. Airy was enjoyable but lacked variety. All in all a great couple days of disc golf.

Glad you got to play Harmon! I played it several times when I was at UT in Knoxville. Amazing course, and in my top 3 for sure.