• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clammy/Sweaty Hands

smyith

Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur
Silver level trusted reviewer
I searched the forums and didn't find anything on this. hopefully i dont get prerubed

My hands tend to get clammy in the Summer, I use a Parked Bag now, and it works alright but eventually a film builds up on my hands and I have to wash them. I've tried the Birdie Bag and it was way worse. The microfiber towel in the hand works kind of, but I hate having to hold a towel in my hand constantly.

Anyone have this problem? If so, what are your solutions?

I actually like carrying a towel. I think I just like having something to keep my hands from being totally idle while waiting for others to throw. And it definitely helps keep dry.

Another good trick is to fan off your throwing hand with the disc before you throw. I noticed a lot of pros doing this and when I tried it myself, I found it works really well.

I was just thinking about posting about this...My hands sweat so much that it's becoming a problem playing in the summer. I can't snap a disc at all...I constantly dry my hands with a towel, use a dirt bag, rub my hand in the dirt....NOTHING WORKS. Even my thumb is sweaty when I touch the top of the disc. It's starting to drive me crazy because I can't play a decent round. There has to be a solution...

I actually like carrying a towel. I think I just like having something to keep my hands from being totally idle while waiting for others to throw. And it definitely helps keep dry.

Another good trick is to fan off your throwing hand with the disc before you throw. I noticed a lot of pros doing this and when I tried it myself, I found it works really well.

i tried the fanning thing. the second i stop, its instantly back to sweaty. I eat really well, especially before a tourny. So its not like a cruddy diet is causing excessive sweat, P.I.T.A.!

i tried the fanning thing. the second i stop, its instantly back to sweaty. I eat really well, especially before a tourny. So its not like a cruddy diet is causing excessive sweat, P.I.T.A.!

Have you tried wearing sweatbands on your wrist? They won't eliminate sweat on your hands, but should help to minimize it.

lsa-chucklg.jpg

I just ordered some of this from DiscNation.. Should be in today!

I just ordered some of this from DiscNation.. Should be in today!
Looks interesting. please let us know how it works for you
Have you tried wearing sweatbands on your wrist? They won't eliminate sweat on your hands, but should help to minimize it.

no harm in trying...though i get pissy having a watch on my wrist sooooo we'll see if i can deal with it. hahaha

I do have a solution but he isn't allowed at tournaments so maybe I should just cut his hair and keep it with me...haha psycho! honestly though, the oil on his fur is like super grip!
8642552359_471033b9b1.jpg

You can get a rosin bag (like baseball pitchers use) from just about any sports store for about $2.00. They work great for me.

that never even crossed my mind, ill stop on my way home and grab one...maybe it will work better

Chucker's Chalk works great for grip, but it won't solve the "film" problem. I have been using it since my trip to the Carolinas a month ago, and I notice the film near the end of a round if I use it a lot. I don't sweat as bad as you and use it very sparingly every 4-6 holes. It's not so bad at that usage, but I do wash my hands when I get home out of habit.

Last edited:
I used to see a guy that wore fingerless gloves. It might take some getting used to but it would also solve the problem.

hopefully i dont get prerubed

being prerubed is a great feeling, it gives you all the information one could want, without having to actually look for it lol.

I use towels, birdie bags, and sand if it's available on the course. Or really fine dirt, either way.

My biggest issue is my hands getting sweaty from taking my bag on and off and touching the straps.

I like to wear a pair of huklab wristbands on hot days I know I'll be sweating. I get made fun of because it looks like I'm trying to be too serious but I don't care. I proudly wear my wristbands and tall socks because it's about function not fashion.

Those help but won't fix the problem. I suggest the chucker's chalk and wristbands. Also keep a few dry handtowels in the bag.

I honestly just use baby powder. I started using it after my son was born and I lost my birdie bag. Haven't looked back. Keeps it dry for the throw and then wipes clean off. No film, no build up, no clumping. A small bottle lasts me months and it's just a couple bucks at the grocery store.

I keep a small microfiber towel in my pocket to dry my sweaty paws off before every throw.

Latest posts