• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] closest to innova disc

I've not extensively thrown an Xpress - only tossed it a couple times - but I'd say a Cheetah or heavier Leopard.

ok thanks i like my xpress but its getting wrecked and turns over which is great but i want it to straight again

It's not nearly as squirrely as an archangel. My gf has both of those discs in her bag.

I bought one that was so understable that I couldn't make it hyzer if I tried. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough... I quit rolling a long time ago...

cheetah might be a good bet. maybe a little more stable, should break in to a nice "xpress"-ish disc

Yeah, but if I personally had to choose I'd take a Champ or Star leopard over the DX-only Cheetah. That's just me though...

What kind of plastic is your xpress?
A new Z plastic will hold it's stability for a long time.

Mine was X... no stability to begin with... could have been a bad one??? It was easily the most understable disc I've ever thrown.

Last edited:
when I was new to DG, I was looking for understable plastic. i asked at the local pro shop in AZ (spinners) for the most understable driver from discraft and the xpress was the recommended disc. i actually never got it since i bought something else from the used rack, but this was the info that was passed on to me.

Mine is an old elite z. Bought it for three dollars off some guys swimming for discs and today during my round I hit a tree and took a marginable chunk out of the rim. Like a half inch right where your fingers wrap around it and I like innova better or I would just get another!

I just traded away my Z xpress (found) and have an elitex first run xpress that is relatively flippy. The Z was stable, kinda like a leopard, flipped but not super flippy. The X Xpress was was like a slower sidewinder.

Isn't the X rated at -1 for stability by Discraft? (the Z is rated at 0)

It's meant to be flippy .. it's a roller disc ...