• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Codorus State Park - 4 courses or 2?

Do you consider Codorus State Park to have 2 courses or 4?

• Two

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Four

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
There has been a bit of debate between myself and another DGCR member regarding this issue. Just wanted to take a quick, informal poll to gather some opinions on what to do with the course on here from people that have played it. The two options being leave it as is (two courses) or split it up again into 4 with the cross country and X courses getting their own pages.

Thoughts?

Should be either 3 or 4 pages....

I believe that if the red and blue course are their own courses then they should have their own pages. The scores and score averages are way messed up that are logged if you are only playing the 18 on the blue or red course and not the extra holes. You could easily make the other pages or just combine the 2 nines and make 18 on one page. But the functionality of the score book is suffering because the page is not set up as it should be. If the courses are 18 holes then they should be listed as such. So i believe that there are either 4 or 3 courses at Codorus, not just 2.

The only difference on the scorebook is the course average score which shows what it thinks you would have gotten if you played all 27 red/blue holes. As far as all the other stats, nothing changes there.

Also, combining the X / Cross Country holes into one course wouldn't make much sense. They're on opposite ends of the park. As far as I know, the X/ Cross Country holes are considered "extra" holes for their respectively colored courses (X being blue, CC being red) so it seems to make sense to include them in those courses.

Up until a couple of weeks ago Codorus was listed as 54 holes and the red/blue split made sense. I'm just not that sure about splitting it yet again. Plus, another split would result in the nearby courses list consisting entirely of courses contained within the park itself making it kind of pointless.

no it does mess up more than that. It messes up your overall career averages and it makes it so it doesn't show your best score on each round because you didn't play a full round. Why do you not want the best functionality on the site??? It would be the best if it would be set for 18 holes on each score. It upped my career average score from 60.95 to 64.97....how does that makes sense??? it is messing up more than what you say....it also says my average score for the red course is 100.5 and my average score for the blue course is 106.5... Can you tell me how that would be the best way to have things set????

So play a full round, problem solved :D

Codorus is obviously a special case and in the end it may come down to a trade off between clarity in the course pages or satisfying the few people like yourself that are dissatisfied with the averages, etc. in the scorebook for that particular course.

Full Round = 18

a full round is equal to 18 holes. the other holes are "EXTRA" which means they are not part of the round. Extra means that they are different than the actual course correct??? Which means they should not be part of the score book. For the people who use the score book it messes up all your stats, why keep score if your average is gonna be messed up because of it. And im not talking about the course average, it messes up my OVERALL AVERAGE....so that is more severe than just messing up the averages for the course only. And if they are a part of each course why do they have their own names???? and also only 3 of the 5 spots for courses near by would be taken up by the Codorus courses. That would not be all the spots, so it wouldn't be pointless, this just make it easy to get to the other courses at Codorus on the site.

Codorus Blue
Codorus Red
Codorus X
Codorus Cross Country
Codorus Mini

5 spots.

If you want to debate definition, you could use "Additional" rather than "Extra", both words indicate that something is part of a bigger picture. Otherwise they wouldn't be "Extra", they'd be something else, something new.

In any case, I posted this thread to gather more opinions on the issue so you and I arguing it won't accomplish much. Plus there is a shortage of question marks on the Internet and I don't want this thread to make that any worse :)

Codorus Blue
Codorus Red
Codorus X
Codorus Cross Country

These four courses should be it....the mini could be up their but it wasn't up their to start anyways.

Would that really be that hard?????????? i would be willing to make the 2 extra pages my self. And next time i'm there i'll take pictures for it.

What there is on the internet is a lack of intelligence, common sense, and organization, not question marks.

Woops, yea, 4 spots would be taken up by courses within the park, my mistake.

I'd like to have more people chime in before deciding what to do with the course. I think you've made your opinion fairly clear.

Interesting.. someone from the same IP that agrees with you. Normally I'd remove the second account but I'll assume you may have a brother/sister in the house.

way to make assumptions

dude, if you think im that low that i have to make those accounts up your mistaken. And you can tell when an account was made, and it was made before today smart man, go check it, remove the account?? what are you talking about, that account wasn't even made today, it is my friends account, you need to calm down....That is a buddy of mine that was with me when we went to Codorus yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tournaments at Codorus are typically 20 holes per round consisting of the X Holes plus some of the Blue course, and CC holes plus some of the Red course. However, some of the Red & Blue holes are played as safari holes (#1 Tee to #2 basket).

The X holes split from the "middle" of the Blue course, and the CC holes start near Red #1.

I do not play enough casual rounds at Codorus to voice a strong opinion either way; however, it seems to me that no one would play the X holes in a casual round (unless you park at the church, and cut through to the middle of the X holes). However, I can see people playing the CC holes as a separate set of holes.

Sorry, you being logged out and a post from the same IP address tends to raise some flags.

Tournaments at Codorus are typically 20 holes per round consisting of the X Holes plus some of the Blue course, and CC holes plus some of the Red course. However, some of the Red & Blue holes are played as safari holes (#1 Tee to #2 basket).

The X holes split from the "middle" of the Blue course, and the CC holes start near Red #1.

I do not play enough casual rounds at Codorus to voice a strong opinion either way; however, it seems to me that no one would play the X holes in a casual round (unless you park at the church, and cut through to the middle of the X holes). However, I can see people playing the CC holes as a separate set of holes.

When I was at Codorus we played blue's to #12, played the 9 X holes and 9X drops you right back at 13 so it flows pretty nicely. Walking from the parking area to the X course wouldn't seem to make much sense. You're right about the CC holes though. It's a tough call.

I agree with dtwo that the Cross Country Course could be played by itself, and if that is the case, than people would need a way to log a score for that course and not as a part of the blue or red course...

Hmmm... this is a toughie. Most of the time, I will play 18 holes at Codorus (if possible), and will reflect that in my scorebook. So the average wouldn't be reflected in my 18 hole games. My guess is that most golfers will play the front 9, the back 9, the main 18, or all 27 holes on the blue course... but the red course they could play 9, 18, or 27... front 9, back 9, CC holes, I could see any of those combinations, but I think most golfers will play the front or back 9... I don't see a lot of people hanging out playing the CC holes or the blue course's extra holes.

My official opinion would be keep it as it is... possibly making an average for the main 18 of each course in addition to the 27 hole average, if it's possible. Then hopefully everybody will be happy.

Post from the local club site:

For what it is worth , when I am telling people about the cod , I tell them there is the red and blue course with nine extra holes that can be played for each one, making 2 27 hole courses.

It'd be possible to create an option that would indicate a round was "complete" (ie. you played all the holes available so 18 at Codorus would count as complete). The problem with that is it would be a lot of work and potentially some confusion for pretty much one course on the site.

Latest posts