• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
I would imagine I have 4 or 5 of them. I don't carry as many comets in my bag now so I can look to see what I would be willing to part ways with.

I tend to use comets in place of true turnover rocs right now (not implying I wouldn't take one ), but I can always use S/MOLFs, especially 1.1s. Forgot to dig through my stuff yesterday, but I'll get to it this weekend for sure.

The Flying Squirrel is starting to take a serious run at the Comet slot in my bag. The Comet seems more versatile to me, but a lot of that I can cover by throwing Rocs more.

I'm probably just messing up my mid set-up, though. Somebody talk me out of it (BTW I'm not trading you my Comets even if I do drop them.)

I threw a flying squirrel for a while and it made a run at the comet for me too. Ended up having problems ranging it and couldn't really lay on it like I could with a comet.

Flying Squirrels are awesome but they only replaced flat Comets for me. I still love me some domey, stable Comet.

Frank Delicious said:
couldn't really lay on it like I could with a comet.
I was figuring on using a Roc for the shots where I'd lay on a Comet.

The Flying Squirrel to me is an easy to throw disc that pretty much does what it does. The Comet is a "hard to get a handle on but when you do it can do amazing things" disc. As I get older, have less and less time to practice, and my meager skills deteriorate even more there is something to be said for the easy to throw disc.

Hey, the Senators (Nationals is a stupid name, I say we ignore it) are the big "if" team in the NL this year...if Werth bounces back and if Morse is for real and if Harper is ready and if Strasburg can come back strong and if Jordan Zimmermann and Edwin Jackson can eat up the innings Strasburg isn't going to pitch and keep the bullpen somewhat rested...the Senators might have a shot a the playoffs. And the O's have new uniforms. :lol: Baseball is back!!!

The Nats have a legit chance at a wildcard spot this year (especially since there are now more). Werth should bounce back a bit and Morse should be fine at the plate. They need a better CF but other than that they have a solid line up.

O's going to the cartoon bird again rules. Baseball rules. Yankees and Red Sox suck. Fuck the Angels.

Anyway as for the comet/roc thing. I use the roc for stable/overstable shots whereas I use the comet for stable/understable shots so I lay on both of them depending on which line I'm trying to take. The problem with the flying squirrel for me was it was too finnicky when I really got on it and I was having problems figuring it out (I feel like it was also more nose angle sensitive but I never really figured out if that was the problem). Then I remembered I had like a zillion comets and I already knew the disc and decided to just stick with those.

When I can't practice and lose my touch with comets, I take them out and put in some ontario or beat sanny rocs as they fill the comet spot but are less picky about my form.

I really only picked up the Squirrels after I cracked an Ontario, didn't want to risk any more old DX discs and wasn't throwing the Comet worth a damn. The Squirrels turn easy so that's really all I've been doing with them. The stable shots I've been using Sentinels for.

Damn I hate winter, I end up with all sorts of goofy crap in my bag. I've been driving Assassins. WTF!?! I put them in when I took the DX Valks out. That was stupid. I can just go buy more DX Valks. Once it warms up and stays light in the evening maybe I'll become sane again. Until then I'm throwing Squirrels.

If Harper can play, don't the Senators pretty much have to play Werth in center?

I think they'd probably try Harper in CF before Werth. Werth is old and slow. Him and Morse would be pretty bad in the corners but either of them in center would be an abortion.

Abomination? Or stem cell research to make Werth less old and less slow? I've never heard a bad outfielder referred to as an abortion before.

Deep end alert! I still love the Comets and like them more for trick shots but overall i'm officially migrating onto the Coyote trail.

JR said:
Deep end alert! I still love the Comets and like them more for trick shots but overall i'm officially migrating onto the Coyote trail.

BOOOOOOO....dont do it man. You'll miss the comet (ok maybe not, who knows :lol: )

gremlin75 said:
JR said:

BOOOOOOO....dont do it man. You'll miss the comet (ok maybe not, who knows :lol: )

I'm not saying that i'd ditch the Comets. On local courses i have few opportunities to throw it because putter drives are preferable in most cases over mids. The Coyote is putter LSS if it is thrown fast. But with more HSS for my probably unclean releases beyond about 220'. That means more margin of error. The Comet is still as useful in getting out of trouble as it ever was. So i'd say the Coyote steps on Rocs, Buzzzes and MD2s and the like more than the Comet. Those others aren't glide monsters able to move in so tight curves as the Comet. So the Coyote is complementing the Comet not replacing it.

I'm in the market for a 2002 GLO Comet. If anyone has one, please PM me and maybe we can work something out. I'm also always on the hunt for Ron Russell Z-Comets.

Cheers,
Gwillim

Latest posts