• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
I write the run that I bought them from on the bottom. The statements below are just things that I have noticed from throwing the ESP Comet since the 1st runs were released.

Like Frank stated, the first run ESP's did not have the X-Stamp on them.
The first runs were also fairly flat across the top and no high shoulder. Don't remember the tooling. The shape of these were like the flat top X-Comets in my opinion.
The 2nd runs, have tooling and the shoulder seems to be fairly similar to a the first runs. The ESP plastic on this seems to also be a bit stiffer than the 3rd runs.
The third runs have no tooling and a high shoulder on them.

Steve said:
JR said:
Booter said:
gotcha, ill prob be keeping my buzzz's . i just wanted to see any advantages or disadvantages. i cant believe your esp is beefier than the glo. i tested a esp at discnation last week because i heard some people say they were pretty beefy but this one was less stable than my beefy glo's. maybe my glo is just beefier than normal. hmmm

My only ESP Buzzz is way less HSS than my Zs are. The ESP needs initial hyzer to flip to flat at full power. I don't turn Zs from a flat throw. Don't know about other Buzzzes in ESP. Come to think of it my X Buzzz started out as HSS and quickly broke in to a little less HSS than my ESP Buzzz.
Blurr's ESP Buzzz is a brand new hot pink one. Hot pink discs are always more beefy and go further.

My ESP is yellow.

why is everyone hating on the third runs lately, I personally like the third runs more than any of the others and I own a few from each run...

They tend to have a ton of glide, a fair amount of HSS and very little LSS and there are some awesome colors.

Dunno, haters be hating. Nothing wrong with the 3rd runs, and I seriously doubt that the runs before are any better than this.

I like the third runs. They are better than the 2nd and easier to get than the 1st and throw the same as them.

i scooped 3 esp comets this weekend from a buddy . not sure if these are 1st or 2nd runs. definitely not 3rd . theyre stiff,domey, very chalky/sticky, and have the tooling. ive yet to throw one but i think ill toss one in the bag.

also,i threw the comets this weekend and i guess my form isnt off as much as i thought but more so my timing. i was still able to get the comets out straight as an arrow. all im waiting on is for some old z's to come in,cant wait.

one more thing,after throwing comets...ive kind of got a hankering to theow my rocs back in the bag :/.

After all my talk of having buzzz's and comet's in the bag...I have swapped out the buzzz's for roc's. I find that my throwing technique for comets more closely resembles my roc form rather than my buzzz form. So...going to be rocking the roc/comet rig for the foreseeable future.

two dx rancho's, one dx ontario, an esp comet and an x-comet. My ESP Comet is understable and the X is really understable. So the ontario fills the gap between my worn rancho and my esp.

The ontario is still pretty fresh, so no overlap with either the ESP or the X. The ontario is just a place holder until one of my two rancho's gets seasoned enough.

frankie,whats ur setup?

im still debating if i wanna go with rocs.if i did i only have few to chose from

freshy kenny glow
seasoned kenny glow
new dx sanny 180
beat 174 flat top rancho

i have a new x i want to seasonn to understable ,new domey esp and a new z for comets.

otherwise if i was usin buzzzs id go,fresh glow ,seasoned barstamp and 3 comets

The solid comet roc set up is thus.

X/TP/or beat silly comet
New-ish Heavy ESP Comet
Beat DX Rancho
Fresh DX Rancho
Some super wind fighter.

I myself just have the first 4.

Booter said:
frankie,whats ur setup?

im still debating if i wanna go with rocs.if i did i only have few to chose from

freshy kenny glow
seasoned kenny glow
new dx sanny 180
beat 174 flat top rancho

i have a new x i want to seasonn to understable ,new domey esp and a new z for comets.

otherwise if i was usin buzzzs id go,fresh glow ,seasoned barstamp and 3 comets

Tight courses:

DX Rancho - fresh
DX Rancho - slightly beat
Z comet - newish
ESP comet - beat
ESP/X/TP comet - really beat

Open courses:

DX rancho or Star/Champ rancho
DX rancho - slightly beat
DX rancho - beat to money stage
ESP comet - beat
ESP comet - really beat

The 3rd roc comes in on open courses because comets get beat around by random wind gusts easier on those open courses whereas the roc powers through. I also usually stick with just the really beat ESP in the open because my really beat X/TP comets are so flippy and i usually don't need to throw a super flippy trick shot with them in the open.

I like my esp comets less stable, i have z's for overstable.
The flatter green and orange esp's were my favorite.

Latest posts