• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
victorb said:
Heres the pics of my signed Ron Russell World Champion Comet.

0307102018-00.jpg

0307102018-01.jpg

Nevermind, that would be a Jeff Ash Brainwave.

Timko said:
Nevermind, that would be a Jeff Ash Brainwave.

Yep, Jeff Ash was down there. Not particularly fond of the Brainwave dye, but I am fond of comets and the man that made them famous!

Speaking of opaque Z blends...keep your eyes out for completely opaque Z Forces. The Red ones I was holding the other day feel sooo cherry.

opaque Z comets? like I need another reason to buy more! but if they do release these, I'll definitely buy some.

I got a couple of stiff/opaque REALLY domey ones this past summer, Chris Hereen sold them to me, I assume they came straight from the big D. Thy are much more stable than any other comet I own (about 9).

Redisculous said:
I got a couple of stiff/opaque REALLY domey ones this past summer, Chris Hereen sold them to me, I assume they came straight from the big D. Thy are much more stable than any other comet I own (about 9).

this...this is good news. Production comets like my 2002 DGLO? Money!

They made stiff DGLO ones? Man, the super gummy ones are the money ones.

I have a stiffer, new, opaque orange Z Comet. It cooled pretty flat, just like the ESP ones do, and it's pretty flippy...

I was out playing the course at Oakland University last night. It has a lot of shots where you have an anhyzer and a hyzer line, so my Comets, Stalkers and flippy Surge SS get thrown a lot because I fucking LOVE throwing anhyzers. I rock that shit like I was AC fuckin' DC.

There're a lot of holes on that course where I'd been throwing my Surge SS on a sub-300 foot hole. I was throwing a bunch of shots yesterday checking how my Stalkers and Comets flew compared to the shots I'd been throwing at leagues and tourneys... And I kept throwing the closest shots with the Comets.

Until the super crazy downhill anhyzer hole (#17), which I normally throw a Comet on and have a 20-30 foot putt past or left on. For the hell of it, I threw my flippy APX, and then my normal APX. Neither was more than 10 feet from the pin.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if you like the Comet, you need to try driving with an APX.

dgdave said:
I've had 2 DGLO comets and both were really gummy.

But they were more stable than the production ones you had, correct? Mine is definitely a bit more overstable.

You bastard! You had light, gummy DGLO Comets and didn't tell me you were getting rid of them?!

I had them listed for a while here. I think jwt4412 picked up one and I don't remember who got the other. They were 173 and 171 I think.

http://www.spinnersdiscgolf.com/catalog/item/7311129/7591678.htm

for those who love both Comets and good beer

A RR comet ended on ebay today with no bids... I'm so disappointed in all of you. Now i'm going to have to buy it.

Spent some time in the field today with my Z and ESP Comet, both 173. For the life of me i cant get a straight throw, i'm nailing a late right turn though. I could also get some decent hyzers but just nothing straight, like i could get with say my mako. For those that throw the Comet regularly do you get a nice straight flight?

Latest posts