• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Corona Virus and Leagues

Nothing I post on the Internet is true,
Which makes that ^^ and that vv statement a lie...

You are going to be the problem. I agree that people should not simply believe what they read on social media. Educate yourself. Sticking your head in the sand and not giving a crap about anyone besides yourself is not helpful, nor responsible.

Perhaps Corona will turn out to be considerable less of a threat than advertised. I hope so, but infectious disease, like the flu, is not a social conspiracy. People will die and taking care of "your own doorstep" will help mitigate potential mortality.

Well, in the end, those that got it, didn't get it from me. Closing everything and driving the world into an economic depression didn't stop people from dying. You'll probably still get it. I'll probably still get it. There's a damn good chance that more people will commit suicide from the economic depression than die from Covid-19. If not, I'm pretty sure it will be close. I'm not the problem. Panic and fear is the problem.

Well, in the end, those that got it, didn't get it from me. Closing everything and driving the world into an economic depression didn't stop people from dying. You'll probably still get it. I'll probably still get it. There's a damn good chance that more people will commit suicide from the economic depression than die from Covid-19. If not, I'm pretty sure it will be close. I'm not the problem. Panic and fear is the problem.

Trolling?

In case you aren't: No one said the stay at home orders would stop people from dying. But we are saying that they cause less people to die.

~280,000 confirmed deaths as of this post and you think more people will die from suicide due to the economy? All I did was a quick Google review, but based on that the 2008 recession caused around 10,000 suicides.

No...a virus is the problem. A scientific phenomena. Not a social media issue, not a political issue, not a civil rights issue and not an economic issue. Unless you have been self isolating at home for 6 weeks, you have zero idea whom you gave it to or not. Closing the world DID stop people from dying. Closing society was never about stopping you or me from getting it, just stopping us all from getting it at the same time.

The world was going into economic depression, regardless of any stay at home orders. Your ability to withstand and survive an economic downturn is your choice. My wife and I spent years and a ton of money to educate ourselves and choose professions that would likely withstand any economic situation. We spent a lifetime saving and spending wisely, both for retirement and for security. I don't wish economic hardship on anyone, but it is a choice. A virus is not a choice, because you are right....without a vaccine, nearly all of us will get it. The suicide comment is stupid.

The world is reopening. Sadly, the amount of testing needed to make that decision was never accomplished. So, trial and error it will be. Hopefully, a WHOLE lot of folk got it and were asymptomatic. That would lessen the pending spike. I will hope for the best.

I am sorry that for having little patience....people who don't believe in science, do that to me. But carry on, man, plenty of room in the ICU for you right now. But hurry, that may not be true in a few weeks.

Trolling?

In case you aren't: No one said the stay at home orders would stop people from dying. But we are saying that they cause less people to die.

~280,000 confirmed deaths as of this post and you think more people will die from suicide due to the economy? All I did was a quick Google review, but based on that the 2008 recession caused around 10,000 suicides.

Not only that, but the death rate during the 2008-2009 recession was lower than the years before or since. "More people will die from the shutdown" is ostrich nonsense.

I am sorry that for having little patience....people who don't believe in science, do that to me. But carry on, man, plenty of room in the ICU for you right now. But hurry, that may not be true in a few weeks.

Pardon me for being pedantic, but scientists don't believe in science, either. They understand science, as many of the rest of us do. "Believe in" implies faith in something unprovable.

Pardon me for being pedantic, but scientists don't believe in science, either. They understand science, as many of the rest of us do. "Believe in" implies faith in something unprovable.

Yeah, my bad. Rarely use the work belief, because you are spot on, David. I am not a man of belief and should have phrased the statement differently.

Just a pet peeve. I am a man of faith.....but for science, a person of understanding. The science illiterates like to paint it as just another religion, so they can choose to "not believe in" it. As if a strand of RNA really cares what they believe in.

I have discussions like that with myself. Usually after my 5th short putt miss of the round.

First league is tonight.

Full distancing rules. 3 per card, min 10' distance between players. Masks encouraged. No contact and must clear disc after scoring, with minimum possible contact with basket during retrieval. No cash exchanged.

I'm really looking forward to playing and we have a smaller, smart group of guys but I'm still a little leery to even be near others, I haven't ventured out except for work in weeks and weeks lol

We're hoping to start my league back up in early June. I'm thinking of doing random draw for partners digitally via random.org. For those of you already playing, what did your league do for fees/payouts?

We're hoping to start my league back up in early June. I'm thinking of doing random draw for partners digitally via random.org. For those of you already playing, what did your league do for fees/payouts?

I know of one league here that has been running. All payments/payouts are done thru Paypal. By the time they get to the course they know their partner and hole assignment. Social distancing has been a part of it. They never have to gather as a group.

I know of one league here that has been running. All payments/payouts are done thru Paypal. By the time they get to the course they know their partner and hole assignment. Social distancing has been a part of it. They never have to gather as a group.

Sounds like your league has their act together!
:thmbup:

I doubt Motor City Chain Gang won't be quite so forward thinking/innovative.

Last edited:
Sounds like your league has their act together!
:thmbup:

I have a Motor City Chain Gang won't be quite so forward thinking/innovative.

I have to say that from what I have been seeing/reading the golfers here are doing pretty good.

The other side to that is no one is permitted to post anything negative they see around here either, it gets deleted quickly. So maybe it's happening. But no new courses have closed after the first initial closings happened which makes me think the parks are OK with what they've seen.

The guy who runs ours is older and has no clue when it comes to technology, but I helped him set up a PayPal and am trying to get everyone set up to pr register and have their team members picked ahead of time.

We've got to be on our game to do this right, leaving details open drives me up the wall.