• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Quoting Streets here so as not to further sully the DX Roc thread. Those guys are awfully sensitive....

"My #3 Buzzz is the best. Love the #3s."

My Buzzz would probably be considered a #1 and #2 Roc. My 2 Comets would cover #3 through #5 Roc. 2 less discs to tote around.

Discraft mids rule...

I'd say a fresh Z Buzzz is a #2 Roc...I don't think I've ever had a Buzzz cover the #1 Roc slot. I use a Wasp for that when needed. But for the most part, I never need anything more OS than what a fresh Z Buzzz can do.

I'm really wanting to start throwing a Buzzz again.

Threw one when I was first starting out and loved the way it flew and the lines I could put it on but it always seemed to leave me short so I gave it away and moved on.

Ended up settling on the Discmania MD3 and it worked well for me and still does but it's getting pretty beat up and now a full rip will drift right a bit more than I want. I can't currently find a new replacement in stock because it's the metal flake glow with the Iron Samurai stamp.

Started throwing some McBeth ESP Buzzz's but the ones I had were a little light for my taste and I felt I wanted a max weight so I picked up a miss print ESP at 178g.

I was throwing it well and loving the flight but this particular ESP was hard as a rock and super slick and I would occasionally have it slip out early and ruin an otherwise perfect shot.

Hoping my tour series swirly Z plastic gives me the grip I need to eliminate the early release issues. They should be arriving tomorrow.

Since Gibson's Buzzz exhibition at the Memorial, I've been really working on getting my Buzzz drives out with full force and without drifting over. I take a duffel of 30 out, and it's the only field work I do. No where near the 500 feet Drew is getting, but I'm fully comfortable out to 360 now. Love that disc.

I should just be putting though...my putting is way the **** off now.

Hoping my tour series swirly Z plastic gives me the grip I need to eliminate the early release issues. They should be arriving tomorrow.

Well, they arrived a day earlier than I expected.

I do believe I am going to like this plastic. And they are relatively flat. Maybe a fuzz more dome than my ESP's but not really much of a dome at all and all three appear to be the same.

73f21ebbba835418398c63713828b610.jpg

the money for the get freaky stamp is hilarious

btw are 4x fr zones really going for 100

Well, they arrived a day earlier than I expected.

I do believe I am going to like this plastic. And they are relatively flat. Maybe a fuzz more dome than my ESP's but not really much of a dome at all and all three appear to be the same.

73f21ebbba835418398c63713828b610.jpg
If it's the same plastic as the TS Z Luna you should definitely like it.

I think the black ones are, because they obviously fly better and stuff.

Discraft mids rule...

Yep, My mom has in her bag Comet and a Stratus, a between midrange and fairway disc.

Discraft with the between midrange/fairway discs like Glide/oop Impact, Archer/Stratus and a few others, are great.

I think that with between midrange and fairway, both Discraft and smaller Discraft owned company DGA have the best set up of between midrange and fairway drivers with DGA having the speed 6 midrange at fairway speed like discs.

Last edited:

a fool and his money are soon parted

people paying 100 for a stock release disc is bonkers

the Z Zone at least was the first stock run release in that plastic, but its not like they didn't exist prior

Gotta day, my DC Mids made me money this weekend.

Discraft mids rule....

No Discraft drivers in my bag though. Just traded a ESP Thrasher that was as OS as a Wraith and gonna give my dubs partner the proto Hades I picked up, I can't dial that thing in. If Surges were more readily available in the nice older ESP plastic, I'd probably be invested in them instead of Wraiths.

Discraft mids rule....

No Discraft drivers in my bag though. Just traded a ESP Thrasher that was as OS as a Wraith and gonna give my dubs partner the proto Hades I picked up, I can't dial that thing in. If Surges were more readily available in the nice older ESP plastic, I'd probably be invested in them instead of Wraiths.

I haven't thrown any DC drivers really since I got back into it last summer. I'm sure they're fine, I just found a couple molds that play well with my throwing and they happened to not be DC. Buzzz and Comet are so great tho.

Discraft mids rule....

Same here. Buzzzes and Wasps for my mids. I tried an ESP and Z Thrasher this year but never really clicked with them. My light Hades bombs but it's squirrelly. The heavy one is like a different mold. Tried Undertakers too, but they're all over the place. My Z is pretty flippy and the Cryztal and ESP are like Firebirds. My buddy has a Quake I want to try. You throw those don't you?

Same here. Buzzzes and Wasps for my mids. I tried an ESP and Z Thrasher this year but never really clicked with them. My light Hades bombs but it's squirrelly. The heavy one is like a different mold. Tried Undertakers too, but they're all over the place. My Z is pretty flippy and the Cryztal and ESP are like Firebirds. My buddy has a Quake I want to try. You throw those don't you?

I bag 2 Comets, a Buzzz and a Quake for mids. I also have a stack of Wasps since I've waffled between them and the Buzzz. Quake is an awesome OS mid that I use primarily for FH, but I'm FH dominant. It really is a longer Zone for me, board flat and beadless.

Loving my DC mid line up lately. Z wasp, glo buzzz and JB wasp. And if need be I can throw my zone forehand just as far as my mids. With these four discs I can cover pretty much any shot up to 300' pretty well.

My first mid was an orange z Buzzz with a white stamp. I've tried every other mid under the sun and have had multiple different bag set ups from different manufacturers and here we are 11 years later and I'm throwing Buzzzes again. Buzzz OS, 2 Buzzzes, and an Axiom Theory. I'm looking at picking up an X Buzzz to beat into my understable slot.