• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I would say same stability but a little less glide for the Raptor. Cleaner release on the Raptor as well.
I threw Preds alot back in the day. The Raptor fills the spot perfectly.

This is my take on FR Z Raptor vs Esp Predator

The bigZ is pretty flat and seems to be overstable enough to slot in to where the predator sits.

The Uli tour series has a mild dome, and the plastic is a bit gummier. Seems to fly a bit straighter out of the box, but it's also a 170-172, so it slots in right next to the bigZ.

I could see myself transitioning over to the Raptor. I do love the predator but if I lose my beat up Z then I'm kind of stuck trying to wait 5-10 years to get another one beat in. I don't throw this slot a huge amount (even less with fewer FH drives currently) and having an alternative that is a tick straighter would be nice.

Anyone knows what approach disc Missy is using ? A red/ orange translucent disc with an odd stamp....CryZtal Roach?

Fairly sure I heard her say on one of the rounds that it is a Cryztal Fierce that Paige gave her.

Thanks! :)

It looked a little stable for a Fierce. . .

It´s fun to see Paige throw that CryZtal Fierce, very few players that throws an US Putter straight like Paige does. . most players trows a more OS putter on a Hyzer.

. . .and it kind of sad that Paige can throw it 330ft with ease. . thats my max driver distance :(

Thanks! :)

It looked a little stable for a Fierce. . .

It´s fun to see Paige throw that CryZtal Fierce, very few players that throws an US Putter straight like Paige does. . most players trows a more OS putter on a Hyzer.

. . .and it kind of sad that Paige can throw it 330ft with ease. . thats my max driver distance :(

Yeah the POTY Fierces are nice and straight at 250'+ power. Mine goes 300' max, but still is straight even with that power behind it.

Anyone know where I can find non tour series Meteors? Or even a decent selection of them?

Marshall Street has four tie-dyes at good weights if you have any interest. You might have to be desperate but I know my longest "in the bag" Comet is a ridiculously badly colored tie-dye that I bought sight-unseen. At least here you can see what you're getting!

Vintage Discraft mailcall thanks to ViolaBouquet from the marketplace.

LE ESP Comet- unthrown 180g, only ink is the Nate Doss signature. I wonder if Doss ever threw a Comet in competition. Think I'll put this one up, it will make me less paranoid to throw my other lightly worn LE ESP though.

X Wasp....no, it's a super straight modified Wasp and is called a Buzzz. 8/10 180g with some ink. It's the sweet old X plastic that has the silver flake weighting agent. Think I'll throw thissun. Hope I don't like it too much, it will be hard to replace.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_212132.jpg
    IMG_20200729_212132.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 57
Vintage Discraft mailcall thanks to ViolaBouquet from the marketplace.

LE ESP Comet- unthrown 180g, only ink is the Nate Doss signature. I wonder if Doss ever threw a Comet in competition. Think I'll put this one up, it will make me less paranoid to throw my other lightly worn LE ESP though.

X Wasp....no, it's a super straight modified Wasp and is called a Buzzz. 8/10 180g with some ink. It's the sweet old X plastic that has the silver flake weighting agent. Think I'll throw thissun. Hope I don't like it too much, it will be hard to replace.

The Elite X Buzzz will not be too hard to replace, just need to find good runs of the Current X Buzzz that the X feels like the last run of Elite X. Unless the mold was tweaked more for the true runs of Elite X Buzzz that do not have the Wasp name to the mold.

Anyone have one of the new Paige Pierce tour series Z Buzzz's?

I'm mostly curious if they're relatively flat.

I like how flat the ESP ones I have are but the plastic is stiff and slick and sometimes they'll slip out of my hand early so I'm hoping the tour series Z is a little softer and grippier. Just hoping they aren't real domey since I just ordered three of them.

I like how flat the ESP ones I have are but the plastic is stiff and slick and sometimes they'll slip out of my hand early so I'm hoping the tour series Z is a little softer and grippier. Just hoping they aren't real domey since I just ordered three of them.

Mine had a very slight dome. I would check OTB if your looking to purchase and not waste money.

Mine had a very slight dome. I would check OTB if your looking to purchase and not waste money.

Thanks. I can deal with a slight dome. Just didn't want too much dome.

Too late on OTB. I gambled and bought three from Marshall Street.

I'll look them over when they show up. If I decide they aren't for me I can probably sell or trade them.

I have one that has a slight dome. Not as flat as my esp, but definitely not as domey as most Z or my Glo Buzzz. It's gripper and a slightly softer than the esp is too, so definitely the buzzz you're looking for!

Quoting Streets here so as not to further sully the DX Roc thread. Those guys are awfully sensitive....

"My #3 Buzzz is the best. Love the #3s."

My Buzzz would probably be considered a #1 and #2 Roc. My 2 Comets would cover #3 through #5 Roc. 2 less discs to tote around.

Discraft mids rule...

Latest posts