• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I appreciate the replies about a non-beaded Wasp. I celebrate a mixed bag so if you have any non-Discraft recommends I'll consider those too.

I have the WASP but it feels abit funky in my hands so i switched to MD4, feels more like my BUZZZ just more OS . .more glide than the BUZZZ OS

Stable said:
II appreciate the replies about a non-beaded Wasp. I celebrate a mixed bag so if you have any non-Discraft recommends I'll consider those too.

Yeah I had the Wasp in bag but well my X plastic from 2000's was too light at 166 grams and the Z at 170-172 grams well was too glossy to really use so... I tried a few discs mostly the DX Stingray at 167 grams and 175 grams before settling on the Shark 3. The Shark at (175 grams range is where I like them) especially the more domed ones are a bit too floaty like a putter float for my comfort as a true midrange it is more an approach disc to driving putter slot, so I got the Shark 3 and it is like a beadless ROC exactly more so then the original Shark and a Wasp is just a more OS ROC by a tad bit so a Shark 3 is not a bad disc however it is only in Champion as the only 3 top not in more then one plastic.

Last edited:
I'm wondering the same thing. Did they ever make Ti Surges?

On another note DC has snuck in my bag and slowly taken hold and is spreading, I've got a bucket list below of my missing spots.

I'm loving the new PmB UT I have, but I'm looking for something more OS that isn't a Pred or a Raptor (unless I can get one soon!), that would preferably be either in Z or Ti that is about UT speed.

I've got a PmB Force for OS distance, but nothing else. I'm thinking Ti Crank or X Force as my max D disc (Nuke is too wide of a rim), but need something US to compliment it (thinking Thrasher), but open to other suggestions and I'll probably grab a Heat of somesort for US FW stuff.

Only other thing I need is a beefy Comet or X Wasp (I hate the feel of the Buzzz).

Get a cryztal sparkle undertaker for the beefier undertaker

On another note DC has snuck in my bag and slowly taken hold and is spreading, I've got a bucket list below of my missing spots.

I'm loving the new PmB UT I have, but I'm looking for something more OS that isn't a Pred or a Raptor (unless I can get one soon!), that would preferably be either in Z or Ti that is about UT speed.

I've got a PmB Force for OS distance, but nothing else. I'm thinking Ti Crank or X Force as my max D disc (Nuke is too wide of a rim), but need something US to compliment it (thinking Thrasher), but open to other suggestions and I'll probably grab a Heat of somesort for US FW stuff.

Only other thing I need is a beefy Comet or X Wasp (I hate the feel of the Buzzz).

I have Z FORCE as OS. . .Fly Dye FORCE as Stable. . . ESP GLOW Val J Trasher as slight US. . and Ti Thrasher as US

The Fly dye FORCE is not as stable as one could think
And The ESP GLOW Thrasher is not as US as one can think.

I was basically looking for a FB type disc, but the Pred feels weird, the Machete is too fast, and I think the Flick would be too shallow, but it has been a while since I've thrown one.

Definitely try a Vulture, maybe in Big Z? It's not quite Firebird OS, but it's definitely that next tick up from an Undertaker. I like that earlier Banzai suggestion too. It just depends what speed you're looking for.

Definitely try a Vulture, maybe in Big Z? It's not quite Firebird OS, but it's definitely that next tick up from an Undertaker. I like that earlier Banzai suggestion too. It just depends what speed you're looking for.

I'd also suggest a 166ish, low parting line height predator. If I've got my full array of preds in the bag I almost don't even need an undertaker for stable shots.

I'd also suggest a 166ish, low parting line height predator. If I've got my full array of preds in the bag I almost don't even need an undertaker for stable shots.

Any way to guess which ones have "low parting line height" ? i have to shop online. . which plastic is the least stable PREDATOR?

Any way to guess which ones have "low parting line height" ? i have to shop online. . which plastic is the least stable PREDATOR?

Marshall Street had some promising Big Z preds recently.

What about those "Midnight Flyer" Glo Tsunamis that are still out there? That would be good too. I realize I'm not helping narrow things down here. There are lots of good options.

If you're shopping online and know a good shop that will scope out the discs for you (gotta go gotta throw in the US comes to mind) you might be able to request a low parting line height disc. If you're online only it might be easier to just get a Tsunami like armiller said. The DGA tsunami is the older predator mold, not as overstable.

Anybody got some insider info on when they are releasing the second wave of ledgestone 2019 discs? Not sure what their timeline is leading up to the actual event with releases.

Anybody got some insider info on when they are releasing the second wave of ledgestone 2019 discs? Not sure what their timeline is leading up to the actual event with releases.

Not an insider, but as a happy consumer, I think this first wave was really early. Last year the first release was mid spring.

I'm really hoping for Ledgestone ESP Wasps this year. In a good plastic, not that slippery Glo ESP that doesn't even glow. Or maybe even Cryztal FLX, but that might be too much to ask.

Hoping for some LedgeStone CT Roaches. Jawbreaker is nice but I lose confidence in it when it's 70* or warmer.

I'm really hoping for Ledgestone ESP Wasps this year. In a good plastic, not that slippery Glo ESP that doesn't even glow. Or maybe even Cryztal FLX, but that might be too much to ask.

The 2015 Ledgestone ESPs were money. Very reminiscent of the original raspberry Ti Wasps. They were definitely beefy out of the box, but season really well. Definitely prefer them to the Pro-D stamped ESP's of last year. Never tried the ESP Glow Swirls, though.

I also have a few Cryztal FLX LE's from around 2010, and fresh out of the box they fly about like a Z that has been seasoned for a year, but they hold that stability for what seems like forever due to the flexibility and plastic quality. Feel great, fly great.

I would be 100% behind either of these plastics getting another run.

I may have a wasp problem... It's been my favorite mold for over 10 years now, and I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 of them that I cycle through...

I don't need anymore. I don't need anymore. I don't need anymore... but I want more.

Actually, you know what? My mistake. I just double checked the stash and they are only Cryztal LE's that I referenced above. But they are definitely flexible. I just assumed they were Cryztal FLX because they have nearly as much give to the plastic as my Cryztal FLX Zone. And now that I am feeling them up again, I'm going to cycle one back into the bag.

So I don't currently have any Cryztal FLX Wasps... So now I want some.;)

Latest posts