• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Creative disc retrieval ideas....

The slingshot isa solid and easy carry method to get a disc down with little danger of falling out of a tree to your death. The medium of choice for me to use is 00 buck shot pellets....they are just the right size and have a ton of mass behind them so they are not easily thrown off by a stray small branch or twig. You can buy a whole bag at a gun shop and split it with your pals. Try it out...it works great.

jon_boi said:
1) Discs in Trees

An old sling shot is the best disc retrieval device in trees. I met a guy who goes around and gets them down with one of these...he is good, so they always come down on his first shot.

I bought a $9 15' collapsable golf ball retriever at Walmart and duct taped a $3 banana hanger to the end. Saved many discs' lives. Kind of embarrassing to carry around the course (last one to need it carries it), but it does the job.

jytwhite said:
I bought a $9 15' collapsable golf ball retriever at Walmart and duct taped a $3 banana hanger to the end. Saved many discs' lives. Kind of embarrassing to carry around the course (last one to need it carries it), but it does the job.
Yea thats a must for my main park. It is half water so I have the same pole attached to my cart. I cut the round part off and drilled a hole down the top then put a screw in and bent it for a hook. Alot of players at the park have one. If not it will be a expensive park for discs.