• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my bag - be nice ;)

Pastime

Bogey Member
So I never thought about asking you more knowledgeable disc golfers about my bag choices until tonight. So here they are, I've collected a few over the past 2 years, and some are just taking space so I can experiment with them, or for friends usage.

I'm a rhbh thrower averaging around 270-300.

172g - Discraft Elite Z Avenger
170g - Discraft Elite Z Avenger SS
173g - Discraft ESP Surge -- been using this almost exclusively the past couple weeks enjoying it.
---g - Discraft Elite Z XS
176g - Innova Champion JK Pro Valkyrie
172g - Innova Champion Monarch -- use for FH
168g - Innova Champion Sidewinder
167g - Innova Star TeeBird -- My Favorite
171g - Innova Star TL

175g - Discraft Pro D Buzz

172g - MVP ION
175g - Innova DX Dart

At that range, I would drop all the discs listed above the Teebird in your list save for your Monarch you use for FH and maybe use it OH, but thats just me.

172g - Discraft Elite Z Avenger you may want to FH this one instead of the Monarch
167g - Innova Star TeeBird -- My Favorite

173g - Discraft ESP Surge -- been using this almost exclusively the past couple weeks enjoying it.

These four below overlap, pick one, I suggest the Valk
170g - Discraft Elite Z Avenger SS
176g - Innova Champion JK Pro Valkyrie
172g - Innova Champion Monarch -- use for FH
168g - Innova Champion Sidewinder

these two below overlap, Pick one, I suggest the TL
171g - Innova Star TL
---g - Discraft Elite Z XS

These look fine don't change a thing
175g - Discraft Pro D Buzz

172g - MVP ION
175g - Innova DX Dart

Well I critiqued your bag like I normally do. since I take it you are a very casual player, the discs you don't choose for yourself you can let your friends use them when they tag along.

but if you want to get serious you won't need to adjust your bag too much.

Thanks for the input so far guys. I knew some of them overlapped I just wasn't sure which ones really matched up, the XS was something I picked up for a buck at a garage sale never really figured what to use it for.
I'll try FHing the avenger next time I'm out.

173g - Discraft ESP Surge or Avenger
167g - Innova Star TeeBird
171g - Innova Star TL

175g - Discraft Pro D Buzz Get a back up, especially when Buzz gets flippy

172g - MVP ION I'm not sure what your Dart does that your Ion can't unless it's a grip texture preference

That's really simplified. I'd add an overstable fairway/slow D driver (Banshee, Firebird, Predator).

The dart was my main putter before I got the Ion a week or so ago, that's why it's still in there, can't get myself to take it out just yet :)

It seems like you prefer stiffer plastic - no FLX or R-Pro in the mix for the molds that you own.

You might like the Elite Z Buzzz. It's got a higher stability rating than the Pro D version, it's also the stiffest of the Buzzz family.

I almost never drop discs from a bag unless I need the room - but if you had to throw one over a lake I'd give the Monarch the chunk unless you're attached to it. Personally I like the Sidewinder much better as far as understable drivers go.