• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my Technique..

LeBryson James

Double Eagle Member
You might have saw my thread "Is this normal?". Well this is sorta like that thread, yet I want to dedicate this one solely on my technique. I don't want it to be like my last thread where It was just showing off my distance only 4 months into the game. I only want compliments and critics. My technique in this video is the closest to top notch I am going to get on video. And this was around 1 week ago. My problem I am noticing is that it is too inconsistent around my right plant foot. Sometimes it's on my toes others on heel. What I have seen is that right in the middle of the foot (closer to the heel) is the "money" spot. Anything else please say. Thanks DGCR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrxJ-d3oEs&feature=plcp

attachment.php

You are throwing so severely nose-up, i'm not sure how you're throwing farther than 250ft. Also all of your weight is centered between your front and back leg (red arrow) instead of posting and pivoting on your front leg and getting your weight forward at the hit point.

Work on the Dan Beto right pec drills with slow mid-range drivers or putters.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 232
You are throwing so severely nose-up, i'm not sure how you're throwing farther than 250ft. Also all of your weight is centered between your front and back leg (red arrow) instead of posting and pivoting on your front leg and getting your weight forward at the hit point.
The kid is the next katchz and throwing a distance line. He's actually throwing with upward trajectory and his weight is dynamically forward with good posture/bracing and does pivot on the heel. Assuming he is getting the nose down through the apex for a distance anhyzer shot(opposite of kachtz's hyzer-flip technique).

I don't know what to critique on the throw really because it looks like a well executed distance anhzyer line and the other than that the camera moves before you can see the followthrough and can't see the disc in flight either. Maybe slow down and get more acceleration. Throw a golf line and lets see what you can do. ;)

Yea the biggest thing I got is that it looks like a distance line and not a golf line.

Congrats on the distance, will definitely give you a leg up on others that have the same amount of experience as you.

My suggestion if you wish to be competitive, is to now start polishing your short game. 420' is usually all the D you need.

Drive for show, putt for dough.

It looks like you've got a great grip on the disc and you're getting really good leverage and efficient energy transfer on the disc. Since you naturally connect with your drives pretty hard, little tweaks with posture and weight shift can pick up little chunks. Getting your elbow farther forward before you release your forearm is another way to pick up a chunk of distance (perhaps the biggest one).

I gave you some **** in that other thread but only because you know you throw faster than 99% of the people you see on courses :p With a few minor adjustments you could pick up more distance. Working on your short game is obviously great but I wouldn't give up on throwing farther yet.

The kid is the next katchz and throwing a distance line. He's actually throwing with upward trajectory and his weight is dynamically forward with good posture/bracing and does pivot on the heel. Assuming he is getting the nose down through the apex for a distance anhyzer shot(opposite of kachtz's hyzer-flip technique).

I don't know what to critique on the throw really because it looks like a well executed distance anhzyer line and the other than that the camera moves before you can see the followthrough and can't see the disc in flight either. Maybe slow down and get more acceleration. Throw a golf line and lets see what you can do. ;)

Yeah i see it. I just don't know how he does it. Kachtz is all wrist extension, KatanaFrenzy looks all late acceleration and anhyzer.

would like to see a video throwing low and level with a 60fps camera.

425 max on flat with Sidewinder. Threw around 480 with slight down hill with DD2 Sunday. I know because it was behind the basket on a 470ft hole.

Damn!!!! 425 max....I was guessing around 270-280. :doh: I got to make a video of my noodle arm, if only I could throw that far!

I look forward to seeing videos of you throwing actual disc golf lines. Being able to park a 380-400 foot hole, even if it is wide open is a heck of an accomplishment for someone who has been playing only a few months. I bet you could do it.

Mark J has been throwing for many years, 5x longer than i have been, he has been competing in the BIG D in the desert since before 2006 i believe.

on a side note, this is a desert condition type throw, all anhyzer, super light and understable disc, and this guy and his brother (Ken) have both pretty much perfected this type of throw (not a disc golf throw)

I've disced down this weekend and I only had OAT 1/10 throws. I've tried the elbow thing like someone mentioned at it feels amazing! Like same amount of D but with out the strain on my body. And yes I am throwing for D in the video. I did the same shot yesterday hyzer-flipping a roadrunner and it went the same distance. (got complemented on it by another group from the hole over) I have been getting more consistent with my golf lines with my TL and Teebirds now. Might make a video tomorrow. Thanks for the tips guys!!

you might want to slow down that run up it looks a little out of control. work on a clean x step then incorporate some run up. im sure that will help you get some weight forward and nose down.

Got another video!

It's at Royston on the Alternate Hole that is 392ft and I ended up behind it with a DD2. The drive after that is listed 367?ft with man-doe but we cut through it (club preference) so it is around 325 and I run it pretty good but park it 10ft from the basket with a TD.

View with 720p to see disc in the air!

wow nice form there. better than what I have for sure. Only thing I notice is a sort of half pivot on the heel. Not sure if that is desirable or not.