• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Ran across this critter a couple months back. Big Snapper!

Attachments

• Snapper.jpg
    Snapper.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 89
Looks to be a fishing spider, Hole 17 at Bear Creek's 'Original" Course in PA:

picture.php

At Elver Park in Madison, WI Earlier this spring i saw a turkey and her babies. Had an encounter with a chipmunk as well. I was sitting on a bench and i dont know if it just didnt see me or what but out of the corner of my eye I see it bolting toward me and i jumped up and yelled when it was about a foot away from me. It seemed like it was just as startled as i was, he scurried off and started barking at me.:D

@zapplayer12: I hope you zoomed way in on that Spider...I'd be breaking out my stopping feet if it were too close.

At Elver Park in Madison, WI Earlier this spring i saw a turkey and her babies. Had an encounter with a chipmunk as well. I was sitting on a bench and i dont know if it just didnt see me or what but out of the corner of my eye I see it bolting toward me and i jumped up and yelled when it was about a foot away from me. It seemed like it was just as startled as i was, he scurried off and started barking at me.:D
I had a chipmunk jump in my hand at elver too. Didnt even see him til he jumped tight at me!! crazy madison chipmunks!!! I smacked him when i reacted and he got a little extra height on his jump!! just scurried away!!!

Controversy solved by disc golfers: Sexual cannibalism is common among mantises in captivity, and under some circumstances may also be observed in the field. The female may begin feeding by biting off the male's head (as they do with regular prey), and if mating has begun, the male's movements may become even more vigorous in its delivery of sperm. Early researchers thought that because copulatory movement is controlled by a ganglion in the abdomen, not the head, removal of the male's head was a reproductive strategy by females to enhance fertilisation while obtaining sustenance. Later, this behavior appeared to be an artifact of intrusive laboratory observation. Whether the behavior in the field is natural, or also the result of distractions caused by the human observer, remains controversial.

I had a bear about a 100 feet away at Justin Trails, scared the **** out of me when I spooked him and he went hurdling through the woods.

We definitely see water moccasins, deer, those golden orb web spiders, occasional copperheads, occasional owls, TONS of frogs/toads, black snakes, etc at Glenburnie but the most scared I've been on the course has nothing to with those.

There is a dog park there and from hole 15 you can kind of see it and there's a path that runs along side the dog park. I saw a kid and his dad walking, turned around to putt and all of a sudden the kid screams "BEAR!!!!" My initial reaction is that the kid is just being a kid messing around, but then I hear something big running through the leaves in the woods, I turn around and see something big and black on all fours running my direction. I take two quick steps then look back and see a HUGE dog named Bear running my way lol.

We had a deer on the fairway right at dusk right out of range of our tee off drives. As we approached our shots the deer didn't budge, I walked right up to him, stood 5 feet from him and took out my camera. He didn't care, but as soon as I said something to him he freaked out and charged at one of my friends but then juked and ran into the woods. I caught it on video but it was really dark and the little flashlight on my phone camera isn't bright enough.

They weren't from ISU and the weren't wild. I live in Boone, abut fifteen minutes from Ames, and there was a guy here in town that raised buffalo for meat so I'd seen them almost every day (on my way to and from home) for years, then he died and the family was no longer grandfathered in on the law so they had to get rid of them :(

Latest posts