• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Didn't have a run in with a critter, technically...

but I did come across this 6 foot long molted snake skin at Giles Run.

Attachments

• IMG00001.jpg
    IMG00001.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 109
These are interesting. This one is definitly female! How do I know?? Because there are no males of this creature. They are all females.
100_2018.jpg

100_2014.jpg

Swift

Turkeys=Evil

That is really surprising, because turkeys are usually scared of people.

Dude, turkeys are frickin' mean bastards when you come up on them. Might have posted this someplace else so if I'm repeating myself, excuse me.

I used to go trail running in Madison, Wi at the Arboretum, which had a whole "herd" of semi-wild turkeys. A couple of times I'd take a corner and be in the middle of them, and they would most certainly attack. They peck, and hard. It always kept me on my toes.

Lake Fenwick in Kent Washington has a pair of breeding Owls. I spent one evening photograping the male who was being overly protective of the momma owl who was feeding the young in the tree tops nearby. The owl swooped at me 2-3 times wanting me to keep my distance.

Attachments

• DSC00864.jpg
    DSC00864.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00872.jpg
    DSC00872.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
wowsers. talk about hardcore locals!!! man...owls and wolves. thats at LEAST +1 disc for the course rating.:thmbup:

Hate to say it!

I love the sport...but it attracts those critters relative to the PEOPLE OF WALMART website. Amazing who shows up when things are nearly free!:popcorn:

Some people out there look like they have never come out of the house before....which is GREAT!...happy to see 'em....and their poor mom's are finally glad they got out of the basement to see this thing called discgolf....and that other thing......umm...what's it called?....oh yeah...LIFE!

Me and my 2 year old daughter got to see two meals snagged by Great Blue Herons in the last month:

Gopher @ Eldo (subsequently stolen by Red Tailed Hawk)
Squirrel @ HB

Those birds are all bi'niss

Latest posts