• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

last thursday iup to the tee at lemon lakes silver course and there was a doe ten feet away. wasnt even scared

What pissed me off more than anything to date and I have seen some real dumb crap..was this last weekend in warwick,ny wolfe woods course. One of the holes think it was 9 or 10 had typical logs where you would sit place your bag ect... You know the ones you put there on purpose, well the log was completely rotted out and looks as though it has been for at least a season or two. Instead of moving the log someone put up a sign that was made of carved wood that says "bees". Are you kidding me? Needless to say my brother got stung I had a few one me and everyone in a few groups was complaining between rounds that if you have time to make a cute sign why the hell don' you just move the log or I don't know maybe remove the issue.

Who the hell makes a sign. Wish I took a picture was ridiculous. log was less than 2 feet from the tee pad bees were infested all over the pad.

So I assume you then went and got some flying insect spray and cleaned it out for the next group of folks.................

What pissed me off more than anything to date and I have seen some real dumb crap..was this last weekend in warwick,ny wolfe woods course. One of the holes think it was 9 or 10 had typical logs where you would sit place your bag ect... You know the ones you put there on purpose, well the log was completely rotted out and looks as though it has been for at least a season or two. Instead of moving the log someone put up a sign that was made of carved wood that says "bees". Are you kidding me? Needless to say my brother got stung I had a few one me and everyone in a few groups was complaining between rounds that if you have time to make a cute sign why the hell don' you just move the log or I don't know maybe remove the issue.

Who the hell makes a sign. Wish I took a picture was ridiculous. log was less than 2 feet from the tee pad bees were infested all over the pad.

Did you try urinating on the bees? They love that. They also love high fives and being teabagged.

About 2 weeks ago at Water Works in KC, I ran across a turkey hanging out in the fairway of hole 3. Odd time of the year to see a turkey just hanging out. I wasn't able to get a picture though.

Herman Hill Park in Wichita, KS has a similar sign on a tree. It says 'Be aware of bees doing their business' or something like that. Not near a pad, but it is on a fairway. I was glad for the sign. I'm not allergic, but I gave the tree a wide berth.

There was a red fox at Jones Park in Emporia for a few years, but I haven't seen him as of late.

Just snuck in a round before dark at Deer Lakes this evening and ran into a beaver chewing on lily pads right in front of Hole 15.
picture.php

I played Sierra College DGC last weekend and at the top of the hill (I believe hole 5 or 6) we teed off and heard a noise as we walked to our discs. To our right were two 6 point bucks staring at us. They just stared us down and we moved on. Very cool, still had the felt on the horns.

This butterfly literally just came out of it's cocoon on basket #7 at Langley Passive Park. My friend noticed it after he had holed out and his disc was right beside it. It's lucky it didn't get squashed. That's a pretty cool place for it to be born to it's new life though!

20120630142859.jpg

20120630142915.jpg

Got out early on Saturday for two rounds at Colorado Heights University and came across 3 coyote pups playing before they noticed me. They watched me closely for the 3 holes that played around them. As I putted on hole 17, mom came out and stood guard so I took the long walk to tee 18.

Attachments

• coyotepupschu.jpg
    coyotepupschu.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 110
Black bee w/white spot on back of head and abdomen?

I was stung today mowing the yard by a Big Black bee today.It looks like a Boar Bee,but it has a White spot on the back of it's head and abdomen.I would say it is around 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.They are extremely aggressive when disturbed.This is not the first time I have encountered them.Does anyone know what kind of bee this is?

I was mowing earlier and stirred up a nest around my burn pile in the back yard.One stung me, then I seen them in the 20's or even more.I've never ran that fast in my life.Went to the store,got some Raid.Sprayed the area so they couldn't escape,poured gas on the area and burned the heck out of the nest.

I'll tell you one thing.You guys do not want to get stung by one of these things.Which is why I burned everything in this area.The one that stung me got me on the bottom of my shin.It looked as though a small rock had hit my shin,and the swelling was pretty bad.It still looks somewhat bad,but it feels like my dang shin is bruised now.:thmbdown:

these things are nasty, a few weeks ago I got stung in the same spot 3 times in between my big toe and... well the toe that's next to it.

Looked like he was trying to then burrow into me and cause more damage.

lilfkr