• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Crossfire Trilogy Mimic

danad

Does anyone know of a disc that feels and flies like the Crossfire putter in 167 weight? I've grown attached to it for up shots, but I'm trying to throw a Trilogy bag!

Welcome to the forum. I doubt many have thrown a Crossfire. How does it fly for you? I'm going to guess you'd like a Westside Swan 2 if you want a putter with some turn out of the box.

Thanks.
It's ever so slightly understable, but it has a LOT of glide. I've got a bigger arm and I have trouble keeping putters straight and at good height out of the box.

Why not just throw the Crossfire? There's no reason to artificially handicapping yourself by only throwing a single brand IMO.

I'm not familiar with the Crossfire, but the Latitude Pure has similar characteristics to the ones that you are describing. It's a straight/slightly understable high glide driving putter. It's very highly regarded

Last edited:
I started with Dynamic and haven't thrown much else since. The Crossfire is the last non-Trilogy disc in my bag and I would like to be sponsored as I start throwing larger tournaments. I don't see it as a handicap so much as an opportunity.

Even pro sponsors are usually allowed to have a couple discs outside of their company. Until they start giving you discs or paying you, don't worry about it.

Classic DGCR. Zero answers to the actual question and tons of replies stating that the question is stupid. :D

But as someone said, not many are familiar with Crossfire so maybe you can compare it to a more popular mold in order to get some actual candidates.

Start with an Opto Pure and go to the Swan 2 for more understable of the Warden for more overstable.

not many are familiar with Crossfire

This is the crossfire I know...
51VZf3UTLcL.jpg

Zero Hard Pure acquired. Good feel. Not quite as grippy, but the Crossfire was less plastic and more of a composite; so I feel like this is as close as it'll get.

Local store only had original Swan molds, so passed on that one for the moment.

Thanks for the feedback!

I have no idea what company even makes the Crossfire.

So it sounds like you have a shop near you...that's good. If I were you, and only if the Pure doesn't meet your needs, I would go to the shop and just kind of feel up the Trilogy putters. Get one that really feels good in your hands. I wouldn't worry about the Sinus or Harp, as they are pretty overstable, but anything else could probably suit your needs with a little use. Putters are a very personal thing...more personal than any other class of disc, I think.

Good luck in your search. Hopefully it helps you rack up a bunch of wins so you can get that sponsorship!

Here to recommend swan as well, I prefer a swan 1 reborn but they'll putt the same. Great glide on those molds.

Latest posts