• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave's 2017 Bag

daveob3

Using this to track my bag in 2017. Any feedback welcome.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 9 years, BH dominant for 1
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: RH
Throwing Style: RHBH, with OH prevalent
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Ion: 200/240'; Buzzz: 240/270'; Teebird: 260/280'; Valkyrie: 280/300'; OH: XXX: 330'; Eagle-L: 275'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: On/off shoulder issues
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, Soccer
Additional Information: OH dominant until last year, still improving my BH
Specific areas of desired feedback: Possible replacement for beat Pat.#, 12x Eagle-L for mostly dead-straight OH.

Bag:

Drivers:
170 Champ Valkyrie - stable distance
167 Pro Valkyrie - main distance
171 VIP Longbowman (new) - OS/wind driver
175 Opto XXX - meathook/distance OH
170 DX Teebird (slightly beat) - main driver
173 GL River - US fairway
171 12x Champ Eagle-L - (very beat) - dead-straight OH, tight fairways, looking for easily replaceable replacement

Mids:
174 BT Hard Harp - OS mid/approach
180 Z Buzzz, (new) - stable/OS mid
176 400G M4 (slightly beat) - straight/US mid

Putters:
175 3rd? run Proton Ion (textured bottom)(beat) - main putter
175 Neutron Ion - main approach disc

I am also an ex baseball player who throws primarily FH and OH. I have been trying to work a backhand for about 2 months. My favorite overhand throws are with my Pinnacle Outlaw. I had labrum repair surgery on my throwing shoulder in High School, as it relates to the injuries.

Have you considered building a forehand? In baseball I would pitch over the top to low three quarters. With Sidearm I get max distance of about 425' (on flat ground during calm days) on open holes with either my Star Boss or Proton Octane (Hyzer Flip). I throw a XXX and Justice for Hyzer, Flat, or Flex with good results from 200-350'.

I am quite anxious to get a good working backhand, like you. When I see Ricky and Paul throwing both so proficiently I can really see the hole in my game. On top of that, I can tell by my scores that I still have a lot of work to do... :\

Forehand is the next step! I'm trying to take one at a time and get more consistent with BH first, to the point where I don't resort to OH in competitive rounds. Mostly just use FH for some upshots as of now. Thanks for the reply!