• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] DD Escape Test

I always thought high speed turn happened at the beginning of the flight, then you'd have some fade at the end. That is how most of the flight charts show it, and it makes sense as a disc slows down. Mike's flights show low speed turn and no fade. I know Mike C. is a freak of nature, but having watched a lot of his vids, this seems out of the ordinary.

Like I mentioned, my Furies have a very similar flight. Straight in the beginning, then a late turn before fading back, almost in the shape of a question mark. It takes a little while to get used to because it is not typical, but when you can figure out how to dial it in it is quite useful.

I don't know, I've watched Mike's vids. This disc seems flippy just from the looks.
This isn't even that much wind it seems. But only Mike would know the truth to that.

Agree on seeing him throw Trespasses :)

Do a comparison video with a teebird, that would be the real test!

I expected them to be comparable but the escape has less hss than my most understable volts. It felt closer to an Amp, probably a tick more stable. Felt more like a faster leo than faster tl, which is what I expected.

Thanks. I'm really wanting to try out a Volt as soon as I scrounge up some cash. Your review was quite helpful sir. :thmbup:

That Escape flies nothing like my opto or moonshine. I know Mike C. throws with a lot more power than I do, but it still seems like an abnormally flippy escape.

2 possible/probable causes

1) headwind/crosswind
2) he throws with 100% power. The only discs made in Sweden that I throw at 100% are the truett overstable molds (villain, stiletto, giant, etc). Sometimes throwing at 80% is better with the stable drivers.

I have thrown every plastic that the escape has been released in(except for moonshine) and all of mine are straight or a TL type flight. If thrown flat in a strong headwind, I get similar results to what we see in the video.

Mike, just had another thought. Something that might really help MVP is if you show the competitors head to head? So for example, throw an equivalent weight volt and escape on the same line, then xXx (or trident) and resistor on the same line...shock and saint pro etc. That way it would show both facing identical conditions.

I have a noodle arm and I still find my Bio Fusion Escape to be a little flippy. That is why I have to keep a beat in Star Beast in the bag next to it when I can't seem to keep the Escape on my preferred line.

Mike, just had another thought. Something that might really help MVP is if you show the competitors head to head? So for example, throw an equivalent weight volt and escape on the same line, then xXx (or trident) and resistor on the same line...shock and saint pro etc. That way it would show both facing identical conditions.

If I compare the Escape to an MVP driver it would be an Amp, comparing it to a Volt wouldn't be as close of a comparison IMO.

If you search my channel for resistor first flight I compare it to the XXX and F1 on my test hole.

Yea the escape that I have flies a lot like it does for you Mike. It flies like a beat up teebird but since its a faster speed it doesnt hold as long of a line as a teebird would. Nice disc but it was more understable then I thought it was going to be.

I'm gonna have to film some throws with my escape. Its a 167 lucid and I can put it out past 375 on a pretty straight line (FH) without that much hyzer.

to me, Mike isn't even close to throwing 100% here. Therefore, the disc seems flippy.

None of those were max power throws and most had some degree of hyzer. Never even tried flicking with it.

to me, Mike isn't even close to throwing 100% here. Therefore, the disc seems flippy.

I guess everyone has a definition of flippy all to their own so if that means high speed turn to you then yes it's flippy. You should probably throw one yourself though to really make that claim. My opinion.

Don't want to hijack or take away from your thread Mike I just wanted to post this for another look. Here's Emac throwing a moonshine and a much less stable fuzion escape on a hole that is roughly 375 foot carry over water. No real wind, and about 80% power with some hyzer similar to your angle I would say. Neither turns and holds almost that hyzer line the entire way. All I'm saying is a bigger sample disc size and better conditions would probably yield drastically different results.

I'm glad you put this video up Mike. There's always the talk about Escape vs Saint, with the Escape (lucid particularly) being slightly more stable than the Saint (opto)...now I am a saint thrower, and use my 174g opto saint for my understable fairway slot. My opto saint is quite similar to the flight you get out of that escape, and i dont have the cannon you do. I get my saint out to 375' on those same lines...and again, the escape has been said to just be slightly more stable. this is one of the reasons i didn't rush to pick up the escape, because this is the flight i imagined i would get out of this.

now don't get me wrong, i love the saint and im sure the escape is a fantastic disc as well...its just filling a different role in the bag than initially expected.

Cool, I found the same exact thing with my Lucid Escape Misprint.

- It turns over sharply with power
- It glides a long ways for a fairway driver.

I like it now that I know how to use it, works great for me on fairways when I can't get full power or off the tee when I need some right to left action, and something a bit longer than the Patriot.

- One other thing I noticed is it tends to be sensitive to nose angle and flies up easily. I like it on uphill shots.

Last edited:
I guess everyone has a definition of flippy all to their own so if that means high speed turn to you then yes it's flippy. You should probably throw one yourself though to really make that claim. My opinion.

Don't want to hijack or take away from your thread Mike I just wanted to post this for another look. Here's Emac throwing a moonshine and a much less stable fuzion escape on a hole that is roughly 375 foot carry over water. No real wind, and about 80% power with some hyzer similar to your angle I would say. Neither turns and holds almost that hyzer line the entire way. All I'm saying is a bigger sample disc size and better conditions would probably yield drastically different results.

Its certainly possible that mine is a lower plh than typical. There was sind but I have a pretty good idea of which shots flipped due to wind and which were the disc. Either way I just wanted to show what happened when I threw it. Its a disc another member loaned to me along with a jokeri for test videos.

Its certainly possible that mine is a lower plh than typical. There was sind but I have a pretty good idea of which shots flipped due to wind and which were the disc. Either way I just wanted to show what happened when I threw it. Its a disc another member loaned to me along with a jokeri for test videos.

Yeah you were there I trust your results. I have heard a few people do have some moonshine ones that are understable. I just haven't gotten one yet so I feel pretty lucky. I don't carry that hole at jones anyway I lay up with an escape. :D If you want to send me that escape I'll send you a trespass. :hfive:

Latest posts