• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Define "Professional" Disc Golfer

Certified official is a joke. You really don't have to know much about anything to pass the test. Just pay a little $. Just like you pay a little extra and check a box for your PDGA card to say professional.

I wouldn't say it is a joke. It is intended to show that you understand the rules and know how to look them up and apply them. Pros have to be certified...but maybe only if they are playing the Elite/Major tournaments. I see the biggest purpose of Certified Rules Officials is when a tournament group is too small (only two players), a CRO can go with the group and be the third person - either playing or not. I had to do that when I was a volunteer at the Memorial...a player in a group of 3 "rage quit" and I had to join the group for rules decisions.

Well, if you count disc golf-related income, maybe there are TWO [in FPO]. That may qualify as "pretty much none," though.

Everyone on this thread (it's TL;DR it all) is arguing over a definition, not differing opinions. everyone has their own opinion so be it.

So here's the interesting story (which I knew a lot about) related to Roger Staubach. I was in the audience once at one of his talks when he spoke of asking the Cowboys management to allow him to get everything cleaned out of his locker and stuff on MONDAY NIGHT after a Super Bowl win, because he had to be at his other job on Monday morning!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/09/nfl...-off-the-field-than-any-player-heres-how.html

ftfm