• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT - Idlewild Open driven by Innova Discs & The Nati

3k for first isn't bad and this is only the second year of the event. It will continue to get bigger. There is a large player base around here.

Last edited:
Before they changed the format, I would have said no way. But now that its just 2 divisions and we really only need one or two courses, I think we could do it. Masters worlds might be even more feasible, though. I think they could play Idlewild and Mt Airy for masters. Maybe Airy and Osage. I just don't think Airy is quite hard enough for the top of MPO without adding lots of OB. Plenty of golf courses around to make a temp I guess... I used to work at one that would make a great DG course. Front would be traditional DG on a golf course mostly flat lots of trees off the fairway and a couple small ponds. The back9 has lots of elevation.

Last edited:
Never did make it to Osage when I was up there, but it and Idlewild might make a good Worlds pairing. Get Madtree or Rhinegiest involved and you'll have a pretty dang good event

Sounds like Idlewild got hit pretty hard by a couple storms in the last week. A bunch of trees down. Should be interesting to see what it looks like next year...