• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

Nice read, now I want a small pump for the tires or solid core wheels.

Nice read, now I want a small pump for the tires or solid core wheels.

Hammer said something about preferring to roll his with the wheels flat.. Something about it not bouncing around as much? No idea where that was but made sense for a course with lots of roots and ****.

Hammer said something about preferring to roll his with the wheels flat.. Something about it not bouncing around as much? No idea where that was but made sense for a course with lots of roots and ****.

Probably pumped way up they're bouncy. I can see it. Maybe not "flat" but rolling at a "low" pressure might help it from being bouncy. You need some air pressure to sit on it or you'd wreck the tires/rims

Excellent article. I have already been in the shop to see them personally, but the main issue keeping me from immediately jumping at it was its ability to carry my dslr. My Luxury E2 easily carries my camera, and the delta would be replacing that bag.

yeah, with less air pressure for sure (much like when you drive on sand dunes)

(Awesome new info with bender measurements and new great review)

Are wheel issues real and frequent?

It would boss if they had an upgrade wheels option. There are heavier duty inflatable tire and wheel sets, but they get pricey fast and not on hardware store shelves. So maybe for the guy that really wants to spend. I Use them on portable XRay machines (150# plus) at work that go stairs and any janky surface area to imclude heavy bounces. Other than air pressure changes required by science, they hold up like beasts.

Not sure why 'knobby' on carts instead of 'ribbed' or such. They are not drive wheels, so traction not an issue i guess. Harder to brush / wipe down if grubby. Might be more possible puncture hazard with deep near 90 angles to catch points firmly into? I would not think sliding sideways prevention would be a reason either.

(Awesome new info with bender measurements and new great review)

Are wheel issues real and frequent?

It would boss if they had an upgrade wheels option. There are heavier duty inflatable tire and wheel sets, but they get pricey fast and not on hardware store shelves. So maybe for the guy that really wants to spend. I Use them on portable XRay machines (150# plus) at work that go stairs and any janky surface area to imclude heavy bounces. Other than air pressure changes required by science, they hold up like beasts.

Not sure why 'knobby' on carts instead of 'ribbed' or such. They are not drive wheels, so traction not an issue i guess. Harder to brush / wipe down if grubby. Might be more possible puncture hazard with deep near 90 angles to catch points firmly into? I would not think sliding sideways prevention would be a reason either.

I am diligently selling extra plastic in saving for a Delta. That said, I bought some materials to build a replica, that is still in the works.... to see if I would like it and want to spend the money. I found these 12.5" wheels at Northern Tool and Equipment, that look exactly like the tires on the Delta. They are great inflatable tires, 1/2" axle, sealed bearings, lightweight with the plastic rim and good price - go on sale for $14 each. They come with rim, tube and tire - which is just a bit knobby.

Might be fun to go to a more expensive tricked out 12" tire with 1/2" axle, but for the price of these, the seem to do the job well being the standard tire.

They just added the vinyl wrap option - I bet for another upgrade price they could add other wheel options. This is the great frontier of DG business, because a cart is so much more customizable than a bag.

I have a different cart, but similar wheels and first thing I did was put some slime in the tubes and I use this to air them up as it is light weight and cheap : http://amzn.com/B00R08Y4LQ although I did have to buy a small adapter as well ( http://amzn.com/B00JJPF9IU ) , but I usually use my air compressor anyway, but it's nice to have one on the course when I run into other cart users who need some air :)

I'd be interested in seeing other people's mods and add-ons to their carts. :thmbup:

Just stopped in the Delta shop today to have a look again, with buying in mind. Wow, these are built with a purpose. you can tell this is the best cart on the market.

Got an order form, now I just have to pick which colors I'm gonna put on each panel!

Been contemplating a way to mount my telescoping disc gator to my cart, without it interfering with the carts functionality in any way.

Been contemplating a way to mount my telescoping disc gator to my cart, without it interfering with the carts functionality in any way.

I am all but going in this instant in regards to purchasing one. However, I am still looking into how I can attach a tri-pod, or any kind of pod, so I can attach a camera or camcorder.

I am all but going in this instant in regards to purchasing one. However, I am still looking into how I can attach a tri-pod, or any kind of pod, so I can attach a camera or camcorder.

They make pole-clamp "tripods" -- I have used them on the stanchions on sailboats for years. I'd suspect you could clamp one right to the pole.

Yep. Same with pole snap clips for something like the disc gator just find right fittings with some universal.

you got it. if possible check out a local bike store or hardware though just to get an idea. pole clamps come in various styles and designs given the application. you might find one best for multiple uses even.

Actually I think the maximum opening for the clamp itself isnt big enough to go around the gator pole. Damn. 38mm won't cut it I don't believe.

Latest posts