• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

speaking of drink carrying on the delta - wondering what options people are choosing.

there's the swinging cup holder, there's the cooler pack and the pack underneath. from the shop at least you can get a 20oz and 40oz bottle cage as well...

My habit has been the 32oz powerade (usually 2 for $3) but there's just no good place for them. Either I have to change my drinking habits, modify the cart by bolting a bottle cage to the back panel, or finding a bottle cage that attaches to the post.

Wondering what others prefer to carry for a beverage, and how you carry it.

Get one of these:
RD.jpg

I have received a few PMs in the last week on details about the putter pouch on my cart. It is a Tough Built electricians tool pouch. I purchased it at Home Depot for $15.99. I chose this pouch because it is sturdy and keeps its form.

I used a seem ripper to remove the 3 inside pockets, the rubber Tough Built logo and the back stand. I also cut off the belt clip as this was not needed. (eye sore to look at) I attached the pouch to the pole using two water bottle holder clamps (local bike store will carry these) along with two small strips of rubber in between the clamps so it does not slip or scratch the pole. I used four screws and washers to hold one half of the clamps to the pouch. This is a great mod for any cart. Total cost was under $25.

Attachments

• toughbuilt.jpg
    toughbuilt.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 20160210_141220.jpg
    20160210_141220.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 20160210_141235.jpg
    20160210_141235.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I have received a few PMs in the last week on details about the putter pouch on my cart. It is a Tough Built electricians tool pouch. I purchased it at Home Depot for $15.99. I chose this pouch because it is sturdy and keeps its form.

I used a seem ripper to remove the 3 inside pockets, the rubber Tough Built logo and the back stand. I also cut off the belt clip as this was not needed. (eye sore to look at) I attached the pouch to the pole using two water bottle holder clamps (local bike store will carry these) along with two small strips of rubber in between the clamps so it does not slip or scratch the pole. I used four screws and washers to hold one half of the clamps to the pouch. This is a great mod for any cart. Total cost was under $25.

Well done, what clamp did you use to mount to the pole?

speaking of drink carrying on the delta - wondering what options people are choosing.

there's the swinging cup holder, there's the cooler pack and the pack underneath. from the shop at least you can get a 20oz and 40oz bottle cage as well...

My habit has been the 32oz powerade (usually 2 for $3) but there's just no good place for them. Either I have to change my drinking habits, modify the cart by bolting a bottle cage to the back panel, or finding a bottle cage that attaches to the post.

I have two separate "water bottle holders" I bought on ebay attached at different points on the handlebar/holder. (One is pictured in an earlier pic in this thread, I believe) They both good for holding either a beer can/bottle and even accommodate my 24oz slim camelback bottles. Once i figure out a similar style holder for something larger, I may upgrade, but between those two holders, and the built in coolers, I should be set :thmbup:

http://deltadiscgolf.com/collections/accessories
The 40ox holder works for a 32 oz Gatorade.
Bike cages can be tweaked to fit bottles.
That holder mounts on the pole.
I made a mount on the pole of my delta with 2 adjustable bike cages.
There are a ton of clamp or bolt on cages on ebay.
I use the cooler bag for extra storage.

I tried the 40oz cage in store, the powerade bottle can slip out the side. Now if they change the bottle design to not have a skinny side that would help. It would fit well otherwise. Yes, I am picky. But it can fall out. Maybe I should work on liking Gatorade instead. Or find a bottle cage that has more coverage all the way around.

Last edited:
These are good. My plan was to look for a clamp and a sweet looking cage that matches my colors.