• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

Looks pretty cool but the price is outrageous. I'd be willing to bet that a trip to Home Depot and harbor freight, less than $100, some elbow grease and I could make one.

Ive looked into the construction. Really well made and engineered. I'm buying one for sure

I was impressed as well. No doubt about it, it's a great product. I was just a bit surprised when I found out the price. Although, $250 for a bag was unheard of a few years ago, and now it's commonplace. Maybe we'll adjust to this too.

Ive looked into the construction. Really well made and engineered. I'm buying one for sure

I don't care how well made and engineered it is. I guarantee you I could make one better for a fraction of the price. That price is ridiculous. Waste your money if you want but it's a rip off.

You can get lightweight wheelchairs for less than $200. Would be a pretty easy to mod it up from that base.

So does anyone have any information on these things now that they have been out awhile? Can anyone provide a review? I ask because I'm giving serious consideration to buying one.

*chokes at price point*

Wow that seems pricey. :shrugsmiley:

So, I've been talking with one of the guys behind Delta Disc Golf, and he tells me that they an improved version of the cart will be coming soon. Apparently, the small cooler has been swapped out for an organizer, and the putter pockets have been modified to enhance durability and functionality. I'll probably end up buying one, so I'll post my review when/if that happens.

So, I've been talking with one of the guys behind Delta Disc Golf, and he tells me that they an improved version of the cart will be coming soon. Apparently, the small cooler has been swapped out for an organizer, and the putter pockets have been modified to enhance durability and functionality. I'll probably end up buying one, so I'll post my review when/if that happens.

And they will be offering financing too.

Just $99 down and $10/month for 36 months.

I hear the price is going up as well.

Am I really the only one who thinks these look ridiculous? Would you REALLY want to be lugging this thing around on a course full of rough terrain? Or even in general?

And then once you throw in the 500 dollar price tag....bahahahahah. Looks like MAYBE 50 bucks went into making these things.... Is that a re-purposed Domino's heatwave bag on the bottom?

The designers of these carts are missing the point when it comes to older players, like myself, who want to use a cart. Having the luxury of wheels is nice but we don't want to be bending over all the time to get our discs out of our bags/carts. Bring the disc holder up about 4 feet.
I carry a 3 legged stool with me all the time, that's where my bag sits when I take it off.

And because this is DGCR I feel I need to say:
I understand I still have to bend over to pick my discs up off the ground during my rounds of golf. ;)

The designers of these carts are missing the point when it comes to older players, like myself, who want to use a cart. Having the luxury of wheels is nice but we don't want to be bending over all the time to get our discs out of our bags/carts. Bring the disc holder up about 4 feet.
I carry a 3 legged stool with me all the time, that's where my bag sits when I take it off.

I understand I still have to bend over to pick my discs up off the ground during my rounds of golf. ;)

You run into the issue of raising the center of gravity though when you bring the weight up. Unless you've got something like a cooler below for balance, I've seen homemade carts with the discs up high tip over really easily.

To your second point, check out the scepter, it's a disc retriever with a suction cup so you don't have to bend over to pick them up. :p

^ This is what I pictured, even though you said suction cup:

Grabber-Arm.jpg

You run into the issue of raising the center of gravity though when you bring the weight up. Unless you've got something like a cooler below for balance, I've seen homemade carts with the discs up high tip over really easily.

To your second point, check out the scepter, it's a disc retriever with a suction cup so you don't have to bend over to pick them up. :p

That is a design issue I agree but one that can be over come when they're selling the cart for $500.00.
I have one I'm working on for myself that will be that high with nothing more than the weight of the bag and discs. A 5lb counter weight at the bottom helps the tipping over issue somewhat.

Thanks for the tip on the scepter. I could also use that for a cane. :D

I have a jogging stroller I bought 2nd hand that's ready to go as is but I haven't used that yet, it was $50.
I'm still new at being old so breaking out all these gadgets old people use ain't easy. ;)

They're sold out! :-o

Did they only make 2?

I guess my disposable income to free time ratio is too low because i just don't see how they could see how they could sell many at that price point.

I'm finding that my back issues are caused by repeatedly picking up and putting down my bag, along with manipulating it as I walk. Bending down isn't so much the problem. I've used a cart similar to this one, as well as a modified ball golf cart, and found this style to be the most favorable to me.

Latest posts