• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

Ok, there is a chance that I'm not cut out for this whole cart thing but I'm going to stick with it. I'm not naturally handy, please keep that in mind.

So I went to change the flat and I realized I had no idea how to get the wheel off. Being the rational person I am I quickly looked at the guide that came with the cart in hopes of some sort of answer. Unfortunately, all it said was "remove compression pin". I was at a loss and didn't want to just start mindlessly smashing something with a hammer that required a more delicate tool. My search engine saga ended with me finding that these are commonly known as 'roll pins'. I searched for a tool for removing roll pins and came across these bad boys

5be02662-e399-4f9c-9c79-7d149cc1968b_1.5875d340fa7ba7f278d1a2385a5ed409.jpeg

I found one small enough (for like $2) and brought it home and tried to gently hit the back of it with a hammer and get the pin out. This did not work so I decided I would try and replace the tube with the wheel still on. This lead to the second leg of my adventure. I was able to get the tire off the wheel and get the old tube out (THANK GOODNESS JENGA POSTED A VIDEO). Once this was done I was able to get the new tube in (with much consternation and persistence) and get it inflated. All of that went swimmingly. However, I am left with a few questions

1) How do I get the wheel off should I so desire?
2) How do I get the pump off of the nozzle once the tube is fully inflated?
3) Do you guys actually take the wheel off to replace a flat?

Thanks in advance, you have been very helpful

1. You'll have to work that little pin out on the end of the axle. That should allow you to remove the wheel without any effort. Should be easy to do with a little patience. Probably will need a new pin though...

2. Good luck. I bought a special angled valve extension that doesn't allow air to escape after you remove the pump but makes it a breeze to inflate the tires. It's a bit tedious but worlds better than getting to the valve any other way.

3. I have replaced a tube and installed solid tubes. Never removed the wheels for any of it.

1. You'll have to work that little pin out on the end of the axle. That should allow you to remove the wheel without any effort. Should be easy to do with a little patience. Probably will need a new pin though...

But how to remove it? Is it a brute force thing? Do I use pliers?

2. Good luck. I bought a special angled valve extension that doesn't allow air to escape after you remove the pump but makes it a breeze to inflate the tires. It's a bit tedious but worlds better than getting to the valve any other way.

Would you mind providing a link?

3. I have replaced a tube and installed solid tubes. Never removed the wheels for any of it.

that makes sense. If this is the default answer, I guess #1 doesn't really matter that much

added follow up in blue, thanks for the response!

Last edited:
added follow up in blue, thanks for the response!
Your questions didn't come into the reply window, but I'll answer in the order you asked.

I haven't actually removed the wheels so take this with a grain of salt. There are little pins holding the wheels on the axle. It looks like they slide in and get stretched out to stay in place. It looks (on mine) like you could take a flathead screwdriver on one end (not in line with the slit in the pin) and tap them back out with little to no effort.

Adapter

Unless you're replacing the wheels themselves or cleaning the axle for some reason, I don't think you need to remove the wheels, no. On the paper I got with mine, they even had instructions for maintenance that didn't require removal.

Your questions didn't come into the reply window, but I'll answer in the order you asked.

I haven't actually removed the wheels so take this with a grain of salt. There are little pins holding the wheels on the axle. It looks like they slide in and get stretched out to stay in place. It looks (on mine) like you could take a flathead screwdriver on one end (not in line with the slit in the pin) and tap them back out with little to no effort.

Adapter

Unless you're replacing the wheels themselves or cleaning the axle for some reason, I don't think you need to remove the wheels, no. On the paper I got with mine, they even had instructions for maintenance that didn't require removal.

awesome, all of that is super helpful. Do you leave those adapters on all the time or do you take them off after inflating them?

awesome, all of that is super helpful. Do you leave those adapters on all the time or do you take them off after inflating them?

I take mine off (only bought one) and store it in the valuables box along with an allen key and a couple other "just in case" items. Once you screw it on though, it's not easy to remove so if you don't mind buying two, leaving them on is probably your best option.

I take mine off (only bought one) and store it in the valuables box along with an allen key and a couple other "just in case" items. Once you screw it on though, it's not easy to remove so if you don't mind buying two, leaving them on is probably your best option.

that finishes my slew of questions. thanks for all the help. loved the cart for the round I got to use it before the flat. Have an all day tourney coming up so I'll really get to test it there.

Happy to help. Good luck with it. I wonder if you'll be like me and replace a tube, get tired of the thorns puncturing them, and go solid instead. That's partially why I'm glad that I only bought one adapter...

The pin holding the wheel on came out easier one direction than the other for me.

Where did you get solid tubes tbird?

I am now starting to think that I want to drill a couple holes on the back plate and put a water bottle cage there. Any suggestions?

Do you guys remove the handle to get into your car trunk? I want to get another one of those lever compressors like at the lower tube mount and put it on the midway connection and see if I can collapse the pole down enough that I don't have to remove it. Hope that makes sense.

Don't remove the wheel, just the tire and fix the tube

I just remove the handle at the cart and put it in the trunk

I added my bottle cage on the pole - I didn't add the bottle cage to the back of the cart so it has full clearance to go up stairs

Well I'm stoked to get mine. Price is right !
Shipping for that price. Should be free!!!
That is all. great price great product great life.
Enjoy!!!

Has anyone done their own custom vinyl wraps? I'm ordering my delta soon and was thinking about just going with the plain aluminum and doing my own wrap

Has anyone done their own custom vinyl wraps? I'm ordering my delta soon and was thinking about just going with the plain aluminum and doing my own wrap

I have made around 20 of my own vinyl wraps. I made a few templates than cut out the vinyl with a razor blade. Avg cost is $5-8.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for umbrella holder? I tried the bag boy holder off amazon and it didn't work.

Has anyone tried the Dynamic Discs Zuca Umbrella holder on a Delta??

From earlier in the thread. I'll emphasize that there is enough leftover that you can really cram the tube into the wheel if you want.

Just got my cart in yesterday and went ahead and installed the solid tubes straight away. I will echo this and confirm that you really do need to cut with what feels like too much length, once you cram it in the tire it fits perfectly. On the bright side if you do what i did and don't take this advice, you can just cut another small piece of the foam and add it into the gap with no ill effect. Looking forward to trying this cart out today.

On another note does anyone have a particular umbrella holder and additional putter pouch that they like? Im on the fence about adding both, I dont really like the look of the hanging putter pouch but id like to be able to carry two and not bend down so low. I also question whether the umbrella holder is essential. It seems like I could just carry it and prop it up over the cart while im throwing. Can you roll the cart around with the umbrella open above you constantly with an umbrella holder? How well does the cart keep water out with the rainfly on and lid closed?

Just got my cart in yesterday and went ahead and installed the solid tubes straight away. I will echo this and confirm that you really do need to cut with what feels like too much length, once you cram it in the tire it fits perfectly. On the bright side if you do what i did and don't take this advice, you can just cut another small piece of the foam and add it into the gap with no ill effect. Looking forward to trying this cart out today.

On another note does anyone have a particular umbrella holder and additional putter pouch that they like? Im on the fence about adding both, I dont really like the look of the hanging putter pouch but id like to be able to carry two and not bend down so low. I also question whether the umbrella holder is essential. It seems like I could just carry it and prop it up over the cart while im throwing. Can you roll the cart around with the umbrella open above you constantly with an umbrella holder? How well does the cart keep water out with the rainfly on and lid closed?

I was hoping for suggestions on the umbrella holder as well.

Regarding the lid keeping water out - if you have the rain fly on and the lid shut everything stays bone dry. Just played a four round tourney with constant downpour and everything was dry. The cooler, the valuables container, and the bottom pocket for the rain fly all were completely dry on the inside.

I got to see the 11 on my trip to MI a couple weekends ago, and I have to say that I really would like to upgrade at least the valuables box. The changes they've made look like a huge improvement over the X's. The full size zipper pocket on the flap alone is worlds better than the small mesh pockets and a couple pencil holders.

I was hoping for suggestions on the umbrella holder as well.

Regarding the lid keeping water out - if you have the rain fly on and the lid shut everything stays bone dry. Just played a four round tourney with constant downpour and everything was dry. The cooler, the valuables container, and the bottom pocket for the rain fly all were completely dry on the inside.

I had a couple different umbrella holders and the first one was a cheap ($10) one that broke within a few months. The most recent one I purchased is solid and seems to be much stronger and stable. It's a little bulky, but worth it. I used it this past weekend and could stand comfortably under the cart, dry discs and relax while others were bending down trying to get discs out of their bags, take score, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Bag-Boy-BB17...55913&sr=8-1&keywords=bag+boy+umbrella+holder

Best of luck.

As for the putter pouch, I followed the instructions on this thread (maybe 30 pages in) and did it myself. The pouch was about $15 from home depot, the welders bag. Fits two or three putters comfortably and isn't too bulky.

Latest posts