• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I heard McBeth say the yellows tend to be more stable.

My yellow AJ was clearly the most understable of my bunch especially when they were brand new. People, just buy colors you like/are easy to see.

Loving my AJs for most long shots especially the ones which are ~170 and flat. they all have a big fade but hold the line you release them on very well and fly really far despite their overstability. Great disc.

Last edited:
this latest run of the 'new' altered signature aj's are the best i've thrown. they start off pretty overstable, which i very much need - and then after quite a few throws they hit that amazingly long sweet spot. also, i have been able to score quite a few flat ones.

i've owned all star variations and thrown them all. this is hands down my favorite to throw. :clap:

I recently picked up two fly-dye *D Destroyers and these things are money! I don't know if it is the dyeing process or what but they feel like Discraft FLX plastic. Very buttery! They fly outstanding as well. Anyone have a similar experience?

this latest run of the 'new' altered signature aj's are the best i've thrown. they start off pretty overstable, which i very much need - and then after quite a few throws they hit that amazingly long sweet spot. also, i have been able to score quite a few flat ones.

i've owned all star variations and thrown them all. this is hands down my favorite to throw. :clap:

what do you mean by altered signature? don't know if i've seen that.

I think he is referring to the signature and printed named just being moved up more center of where it was before. There are pics around but I am too lazy to help you out...

I recently picked up two fly-dye *D Destroyers and these things are money! I don't know if it is the dyeing process or what but they feel like Discraft FLX plastic. Very buttery! They fly outstanding as well. Anyone have a similar experience?
Every first run I ever had was buttery and flexible with a moderate dome and pretty neutral flight, and marked *D I believe. None were fly-dyed.

Every first run I ever had was buttery and flexible with a moderate dome and pretty neutral flight, and marked *D I believe. None were fly-dyed.

These are marked *D and have a different feel from the first runs I have.

Anyone have any knowledge on how well the glow champion destroyers fight wind? Are they considerably more stable than star destroyers?

Anyone have any knowledge on how well the glow champion destroyers fight wind? Are they considerably more stable than star destroyers?

I only have one glow champion Destro, but it's not quite as OS as my Anthon Destroyers. I can't get any turn out of it, so it will probably fight wind pretty darn well (for the record, my Star Destroyers have a bit of turn on my 350-380 foot max d shots)

what do you mean by altered signature? don't know if i've seen that.

left to right:

1. first aj signature on star destroyers. note older innova logo
2. second signature along with newer innova logo
3. newest signature version

ALL_zps31562062.jpg

Bottom Stamps Old vs New

Alright; bottom stamp Destroyers continue to be a mystery to me. First, I have asked many people what the difference between the Bottom Stamp Destroyers and the "Regular" Destroyers and never gotten much useful information.

Then, Innova released the new DX letter Bottom Stamp Destroyers. I stocked up on these thinking they would fly like the regular Star-stamped ("old") bottom stamped Destroyers. I've not had the chance to beat one in, but they all seem to be almost two or three times more stable than the "old" bottom stamp destroyers.

So my questions are:

A.) Was there a special run/mold that was used for the Star-Stamped Bottom Stamp Destroyers? or are there any BS Destroyers hiding amongst the stamped (pre-avery?) ones?
2.) What characteristics in the "old" Bottom Stamp discs make them much more overstable than regular ones?
D.) What are the physical differences between the "old" Bottom Stamp and new DX BS Stamp Star Destroyers.

Confused? Me too...

A. no but i think they ran them with pat numbers and they were all good. i looked at the SDS ones vs DS ones and they all flew the same. glide but maybe more stable with the SDS ones.

2. Dome and Parting line height make them overstable compared to the flatter *D with low parting line heights.

D. I have no idea.

M. why was this A, 2, D?

Innove has recently released many starlite drivers in regular production. Does anyone know that starlite Destroyers will be released as production run soon?

Any love for the Champion Destroyer? I was out earlier today practicing in a field, and my orange Champ Destroyer was flying 20' past my AJ Stars and Echos. It was even flying a little farther than my Pinnacle Cannon on average.

I brought it out of storage because there's a guy in my club who throws Champ Destroyers exclusively for some pretty huge distance. Both RHFH & RHBH. I'll probably get a couple more.

Any love for the Champion Destroyer? I was out earlier today practicing in a field, and my orange Champ Destroyer was flying 20' past my AJ Stars and Echos. It was even flying a little farther than my Pinnacle Cannon on average.

I brought it out of storage because there's a guy in my club who throws Champ Destroyers exclusively for some pretty huge distance. Both RHFH & RHBH. I'll probably get a couple more.

I usually just carry my Star Destroyers but if its a really windy day I might throw a Champ in the bag. The few Champ Destroyers I've thrown have been pretty beefy. How is your Champ Destroyer stability wise?

My Champion Destroyer was fairly beefy when it was new, but it has a little turn to it now and a lot more glide. They wear down into great flyers just like the Star or Pro. It just takes longer.

Is it hard to find a new Avery with PLH and flatness comparable to a S/DS? Mine has gotten flippy

Latest posts