• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

xout... the s line pd2s are more overstable than the c lines and make a great beefy destroyer replacement if need be.

also,freakinwizz, the vulcan tops suck because for some reason ,that vulcan top does not have glide for ****. its basically a glideless destroyer .

thats my .02

xout... the s line pd2s are more overstable than the c lines and make a great beefy destroyer replacement if need be.

thanks for the info again ;)

i already have a freaky overstable c-line PD2 as a back up to my OS Destroyer, but i will be sure to stock up on those starlite s-line PD2s if i can't find any OS Destroyers.

this is finally a thread where i can geek out a little on a disc. now where is the FD lovers thread?

very true...june 2007....thanks ...watching 3 young kids and got a little side tracked....anyone seen one..? would you consider it a flydye...?

I believe that is a Mad dog dye from Skysouth disc golf. He lays out some really nice dyes.

While I'm here I might as well talk about my fondness for the Destroyer. Every one I've ever thrown or own can make the bag. No matter how different they are, they all have a place and a use. I really like the new AJ's. Not too overstable but have all the right traits of a good Destroyer. I carry an AJ or two, a first run champ, and a pro. That seems to cover all my distance needs.

I like the Val Jenkin Destroyers!!!

*D for distance
s/ds bottom stamped for forehands and more stable shots
glow champ for windy days and skip shots.

I might add a pro for tailwinds but so far not really needed.

Anybody else think the force is so close to destroyers? found the data interesting. i might have to buy a bunch of them and test them out.

the vulcan tops are just different and confusing i don't think they are bad just not the same disc so u need to relearn the disc and how it handles backhand nad forehand.

I just put destroyers in my bag and with my pro I am adding 30-40 feet easy, I threw 2 yesterday that I roughly estimate 430-450. I have a blizz 153 that is beefy, i use that for distance hyzers, and I have a heavy champ that I throw low s-curves with. I need to get some good stars to complete my collection.

i wouldnt say its a guarantee of a first run but its markings from a person during that era of the early runs. because i have first run destroyers that are marked *D and SD so its just something people associate with early runs. claiming that they are first runs just because of that is wrong. same goes for s/ds,there just happened to be a person that wrote them like that during the time the destroyers were beefy. ive had sds destros that werent nearly as overstable as others and had *ds that flew nothingnlike first runs.

its hard to change the way people look at things though

Like beat in star destroyers. They fly like a longer Eagle for me so can use either BH or FH with ease. My go to stable distance drivers.

Question: why do champ destroyers tend to be less popular? I got one from tournament winnings and thinking about selling it.

Like beat in star destroyers. They fly like a longer Eagle for me so can use either BH or FH with ease. My go to stable distance drivers.

Question: why do champ destroyers tend to be less popular? I got one from tournament winnings and thinking about selling it.

I used an X-Out champ Destroyer for beginner field work until I realized it was too much disc for me. I kind of wish I still had it though because I feel like I could do something with it. You're taking the wrong approach here though. If you want to sell yours, don't ask why it isn't popular. Instead, convince everyone that it's the greatest disc ever and you're only selling it because you need to feed your ailing grandmother. Marketing 101. If it isn't Marketing 101, give me a few months to write a textbook and it will be.

The ones I've thrown have been shorter than Star Destroyers. I think somehow the mold just didn't translate as well into champ. Could be that I threw a bad one, but that was my experience and I haven't bought one for a long time.

I used an X-Out champ Destroyer for beginner field work until I realized it was too much disc for me. I kind of wish I still had it though because I feel like I could do something with it. You're taking the wrong approach here though. If you want to sell yours, don't ask why it isn't popular. Instead, convince everyone that it's the greatest disc ever and you're only selling it because you need to feed your ailing grandmother. Marketing 101. If it isn't Marketing 101, give me a few months to write a textbook and it will be.

trying to play the whole "ask a question, but really hope that someone feels totally opposite of the connotation and feels pressured to prove how right they are" - Marketing 346

one of these days i might have the arm to throw the destro but i sure do like watching everyone else throw them lol

The ones I've thrown have been shorter than Star Destroyers. I think somehow the mold just didn't translate as well into champ. Could be that I threw a bad one, but that was my experience and I haven't bought one for a long time.

Actually there are really nice Champ Destroyers, but you have to search all over for them. I am speaking of the 08 and 09 SUPER domey CFRs. They have just as much glide as the sweet Echos - and they uber bomb.

I am a complete and utter lat64 fanboy but i cannot escape the fact that I love destroyers. I would love to be able to get the same disc off the shelf every time (instead of having to hunt for the right runs) This has caused me to try and find something from other manufacturers that is close enough. I have tried forces, swords, cannons, GL villians and I can't find anything that is close enough. I keep coming back to the destroyer.

I have a 175gm bottom stamp Star and a 175gm AJ in the bag at present but I have been known to carry a tore up DX and i broke down and bought a 150gm blizzard destroyer. sad that the blizz beat in so fast because I was doing some marvelous sh*t with mine. I won't be buying another though.

vulcon tops.....?

also,freakinwizz, the vulcan tops suck because for some reason ,that vulcan top does not have glide for ****. its basically a glideless destroyer .

thats my .02

Hey Boot,

I have plenty of good destroyers in my stash, but how do I identify a Vulcan top? Are they easy to spot?

I lost my sweet 171 Pro for my tailwind "S" shots....don't know where tho.
I carry 2 or 3 depending on the course. I think I need to nail down my preference tho, because I like both my star and my champ. Most of mine are max weight, but that light one with the DD dye on it is nice, I just put it back in my back and it has a nice "S" to it.

sorry, rambling
:^)

theyre pretty easy to spot. especially if u have a vulcan or archon and know what those look like. the dome kind of has an square-ish shoulder to the wing. not a gradual curve like reg destroyers. ill have to show u next time if i remember. i have one in my trunk i dont use.

Hey Boot,

I have plenty of good destroyers in my stash, but how do I identify a Vulcan top? Are they easy to spot?

I lost my sweet 171 Pro for my tailwind "S" shots....don't know where tho.
I carry 2 or 3 depending on the course. I think I need to nail down my preference tho, because I like both my star and my champ. Most of mine are max weight, but that light one with the DD dye on it is nice, I just put it back in my back and it has a nice "S" to it.

sorry, rambling
:^)

Destrulcans can be noted by a visable notch around the wing of the flight plate (if you've ever held an Archon or Vulcan, it's the same thing). They also do not have the Innova patent numbers on the back of the disc. Apparently Innova corrected this "oversight" in recent runs, but there are still plenty of Destrulcans floating around in shops.

I have seen them in Pro, Star, and Echo star plastics. Oh, and they suck.