• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW area courses

I might be wrong about some of this, I've never actually read a sign at a disc golf course around here.

My home course Veterans currently has 20yr old signs that are apparently not very helpful, although we have a plan to finance these and a group of guys in charge of this project. the important thing to remember is the first hole is on top of the hill, up the sidewalk from the south parking lot. i think it is all navigatable for the most part but i notice people get lost trying to find hole 8. So after hole 7 continue north up the trail that leads you over a creek with a nifty boy scout built bridge and you will come out on top of 8's teebox.

Zboaz, i dont think they have tee signs, but like it has been pointed out you will almost always have someone to follow or join up with.

Crowley has a good map online i think, there is one at the kiosk, tee signs? i dont think so

Rockwall, John Houck, nuff said

Cedar Hill has signs and i think its fairly easy to navigate, but there are two courses that run next to each other so print a map just in case.

I dont know, i guess take maps for all of them. :D Better yet i know there are plenty of unemployed DFW golfers on this site so find a tour guide:D
thanks for the tips on Vets. I am turning 40 in Feb so I can't do a lot of extra walking if I am going to play more than 1 round. A trip to Dallas is 600-650 round trip so I've got to play more than 1 for sure. Any time someone gives tips in their reviews on where the next tee is I usually click the helpful review instantly. So thanks again.:D

I would pass on Bicentennial in Crowley. When I played with was just an unpleasant experience, too many bugs, weeds were very thick and graffiti everywhere. Also some navigation issues. There are a few really good holes there. I would stick with the other courses that people have mentioned instead.

I would pass on Bicentennial in Crowley. When I played with was just an unpleasant experience, too many bugs, weeds were very thick and graffiti everywhere. Also some navigation issues. There are a few really good holes there. I would stick with the other courses that people have mentioned instead.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but anytime you go outside in Texas you will be dealing with bugs. The course is mowed fairly often and the graffiti is on one concrete wall, and that gets covered up often as well, although i cant see how that would add to an upleasant experience.

Crowley is the prettiest course in North Texas in the spring time and it is a difficult course with elevation, scenery and creek action. It's definitly a can't miss course in DFW.

thanks again. i guess i'll be seeing some of you soon.

I would definately like to give it (Bicentennial) another chance someday. Perhaps if I had gone out with a local it would of made a difference. Currently I live 18 hours away so it won't be anytime soon. I would love to get back to Texas again and play more courses there.