• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Last weekend, with the help of many, Top Card Disc Golf was able to host a completely free disc golf tournament for junior players in DFW. Between donations and leftover discs from our last tournament, all of the 30 players left the course with a minimum of two discs to add to their bags that were provided by the Funkytown Flyers. Feel free to check out the photo gallery here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.397232613665417.95051.156547904400557&type=1. We have things in the works for our next PDGA sanctioned event and will let everyone know as soon as we finalize everything.

please keep us posted, had my son not been out of town we would have been there for sure....keep up the good work :thmbup:

North Lake - Denton TX

When's the last time a tournament of any sorts was held out there? I believe most (if not all) holes have a set of long and short concrete tee pads now. It's a relatively easy course, but so are some others in the area that have seen tournaments within the past year.

Why is there no love for North Lake?

Not sure if you all heard or saw but the hole one shot over the river at Bear Creek has been moved. My guess would be that it is b/c of liability of people crossing the pipe.

Everyone MUST go check out the new layout for Bear Creek. Very neat indeed!

New layout or just hole 1 moved? Hard to do much more with 2 concrete tee boxes on every hole

There is now 4 tee pads on hole 1, actually. :D
And they moved baskets on many holes. Dont take my word for it, GO PLAY BC!

Not sure how I like #1 at Bear Creek now...it was kind of a signature hole for the course with that drive over the ravine, and now it's more ordinary...The golfers coming off of #12 are still in the line of fire,too

I hadn't been out there lately until today...course, overall, looks nice. I like the new (to me)signs at the tee boxes.

DFW Courses as rated on DGCR.
#1 Harry Myers – 4.36
#2 Lester Lorch, Coyote – 4.25
#3 Lester Lorch, Beaver -4.18
#4 Towne Lake – 4.08
#5 Turner – 4.06
#6 Veteran's – 3.98
#7 Lake Park – 3.95
#8 Crossroads – 3.95
#9 Z-Boaz – 3.94
#10 Bill Allen – 3.76
Bear Creek
Bicentennial
Saddle Hills
Arcadia
Alex Clark
Fritz
BB Owen
Audubon
North Lake
Sonora

man in bill allen would get concrete i could see it moving up

It doesn't have any place to move up to. Lake park is the only one that you could argue should move down but the history at that course, the eagle scout work, being able to go swimming and the lack of mud at Lake park will keep it over Bill Allen.

What ever happend to the concrete, did they say anything about it at the tournament over the weekend?

What ever happend to the concrete, did they say anything about it at the tournament over the weekend?

Word from the tourney is The Colony Parks & Recs is planning on putting in concrete pads on 9(?) of the holes. Several of the worst gravel pads (3, 10, &11) hav already been removed. Sounded like it should be happening in the next 6-9 months.

i was told that the pads were coming after the bridge was finished being installed and that the same company would be pouring the concrete..who knows

i was told that the pads were coming after the bridge was finished being installed and that the same company would be pouring the concrete..who knows

Aye. This lines up with what I've heard as well…this means the pads are at the mercy of the construction schedule and the city parks & Rec department…which means it may take awhile, but it will happen eventually.

Also, Red mentioned durning the players meeting that they will be looking for volunteers for a possible work day at the course. I will post in this thread if I hear of any more details about that.

I played Bill Allen yesterday. The bridge is complete and they're repairing the sidewalk around the amphitheater.

On another note, I saw a southern copperhead in the creek on hole 2 right where the trees deflect discs into it. Be careful when stepping down on the rocks if you're getting in. It was right there. Full grown (about 2-1/2 feet long). He took off when he saw me, but would bite if surprised.

I saw on a Parks and Rec board minutes thing the other day that the City of Carrollton was looking to put something into disc golf. It was very non-descript into how and was part of a laundry list of other things. Anybody here got a line on what they are planning? It'd be nice if they put in some improvements at Jimmy Porter. I've never even played green belt.

Jimmy Porter just needs some weeds cut down and maintained to be a good course really

I hear that Bill Allen has concrete tee pads as of late last week, anyone confirm this? I'm pretty excited for it honestly; it's a fun course.

I hear that Bill Allen has concrete tee pads as of late last week, anyone confirm this? I'm pretty excited for it honestly; it's a fun course.

I doubt it. At the recent tournament the parks and rec people running the tournament were asking for volunteers to help start installing concrete pads, but I remember they said it would be a few tee pads at a time. I recall something about how they hope to finish them up next year some time. So maybe they have a couple in the ground now, I guess? But I don't really know. Just guessing from what they said recently.

I'd like concrete pads on #6 at bicentennial. I think that's the only one there without one. Except 3b. That'd be awesome to put on there and get a sign made that says "3b" Lol

A few weeks ago, I saw the 4x4 cedar posts and new signs that will be going in at Greenbelt in Carrollton. I think that installation is awaiting approval that it will apply to a Boy Scout's Eagle service project.