• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Elite Shield Bag

Qbert

Birdie Member
I picked up one today from my local disc shop as an upgrade from my Crunch Box. After one full round with it I am really digging it so far. I wanted a bag that could hold more discs than my Crunch, but wouldn't be massive either. This bag fits the bill perfectly.
I have 18 discs in the bag currently. I have my usual line up of 14 with a few extras that I am testing out. All the room I need for extra stuff in pockets and I like the padded back that it sports as well.

I would like to know if anyone else uses/has used the bag and their thoughts on it. Love, hate or indifferent.

Ready go!

I have one too. I bought it when they first came out and it has held up great. It is really light and I can carry 16 to 20 discs without really compromising convenience. It holds 16 disc without the discs flopping around and it holds 20 without being a tight fit. I also like how the zip cover tucks between the back and the insert. Really a nice, comfortable bag for the money.

I picked one up a few months ago to use as my glow bag. So far, so good. I've only used it for maybe 10 or 15 rounds, so it's way too early to know anything about durability, but I like the layout for sure.

Any of you having problems with the bottle holder? The fabric pulled out of the elastic after the first use of mine... They're taking care of it, but it just doesn't seem like it's made to hold a big nalgeen bottle.

I bought one recently to replace my Fade Crunch, and I think it's a definite upgrade. Lots of nice features, especially the padded back, the retractable towel clip, and the insulated bottle holder (holds a Nalgene). :thmbup:

I haven't tried to stuff any bottles Nalgene size in the bottle holder but I could see it being a pretty snug fit. Still really diggin it so far. I haven't decided if I can stuff 2 putters in the pouch though. I have been sticking with one but I think the bag might stretch out some once I get some more use out of it.

Anyone put 2 putters in the putter pocket?

I think I've crammed two putters in, but it made it too hard to get them out, so I stuck with one.

I wear glasses and sometimes have to bring sunglasses and clear glasses. I like the shield pocket protection for glasses.

I've had mine for a year of heavy use. I like it for a simple bag. The shield pocket is nice. I'm using innova quadshocks and they attach nicely.

The fabric around the bottom of the drink holder has frayed/detached but isn't unusable yet.

Zippers all work, no other complaints. The U-channel divider is taking most of the abuse from the discs but the bag is still OK.

I've had mine for a year of heavy use. I like it for a simple bag. The shield pocket is nice. I'm using innova quadshocks and they attach nicely.

The fabric around the bottom of the drink holder has frayed/detached but isn't unusable yet.

Zippers all work, no other complaints. The U-channel divider is taking most of the abuse from the discs but the bag is still OK.

Thanks, and no issues with putters falling out of the putter pocket? The photos I've seen look like the pocket is a bit short compared to other bags.

No issues there. 1 putter fits pretty snug in there and it wont stretch out too fast.

I snugly put a Rattler in there now, or 2 voodoos. 1 voodoo I wouldn't be worried about it falling out at all.

Ive had my dga elite shield for at least 6 months now and its held up pretty well. The only part that hasnt held up well are small minor cracks on the bottom by the feet. Not a big deal, but i will probably end up fixing it with some plastidip or something. Everything else has held up very well, and i generally am rough with my bags. I carry around 15 discs, any more than that and its just too tight. I ended up not tucking in the top flap because it made it a little easier to grab discs which were on either end. Instead, i took the flap and used some zipties to keep it flat against the back padding. This also helps because i can still use the mesh zippered pocket on the flap (i'll post pictures once i get a chance).

My only complaint is the small single water bottle holder, but for the money i love this bag. The dga quad shocks were a great investment and changed this bag from good to great.

Here are pics of the cracked bottom and of how i ziptied the top flat down on the back to keep usage of the mesh pocketI know these are horrible quality but its the best my ipad can do. May be hard to see the zipties.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
This worth the $50? I kinda want one just to satisfy new bag wants and like the look of this over the Soldier bag from DD from most pics. I have a mojo, revo, and a competition already but love me some new bags.

I'll ask the question here - can anyone post a picture or explain how the dividers work for this bag? I feel stupid, but not stupid enough to ask for help. I haven't looked at em in awhile but when I first got the bag, they didn't seem to fit my bag

Sorry for the late bump, but I actually couldn't immediately figure the dividers out either and gave up as well. I contacted DGA; the rep was nice enough to share these pics to help out. They also said they were going to have instructions for the dividers printed on the label in the future (to help out us idiots). Gotta love that.
photostream

photostream

Attachments

• ESB 1.jpg
    ESB 1.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 48
  • ESB 2.jpg
    ESB 2.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 55